move recordings from FIOS dvr to quantum
ScruffCurmudgon
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have an older FIOS DVR. I am being forced to a Quantum upgrade because, without documentation, Verizon has ceased to support web-site access or remote app access to this older DVR and tells me I must upgrade to Quantum.  I have a considerable amount of recorded video on this older DVR and need to transfer it to the Quantum.  Much of the recording is on an external HDD attached to the DVR.

I have spent two days searching for a method to do this without resolution.  Moreover, from what I read, the external HDD is no longer supported?

0 Likes
Re: move recordings from FIOS dvr to quantum
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Correct, external HD is not supported  with Quantum.

Even if it was, external HD is not transferable to another DVR.

So if the DVR you have were to die, you would have lost all of the content anyway.

BTW, have not seen any other posts where Verizon has dropped remote access to legacy DVR.

0 Likes
ScruffCurmudgon
Enthusiast - Level 2

Believem, Verizon stopped supporting my DVR -spent three calls with tech support only to be finally told that their software apps and the web page had been updated and therefore my older FVR could not be accessed any longer

So, that still leves the question-  how do I transfer the many hours of loved recordings from the old dvr to the new Quantum?  Alternative is simply say screw it, and go to Comcast which is cheaper - and since in both cases, I lose the recordings, it may be the best answer

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

As I stated before, you can't transfer recordings to a new DVR.

As for moving to Comcast, as long as you are not under contract, go ahead.

Otherwise, you will be hit with an ETF.

0 Likes