need help with remote DVR
onlyjaymoo

I have a rather unique set-up -- because I wanted a static ip and FiOS TV, I had to get business FiOS for internet, and a residential FiOS TV account.

Because this was set up two different times (I started with Internet first), the original tech started me on the Ethernet port on the ONT with my own router and then when the residential tech came out, they switched me to MoCA and the COAX on the ONT.

This led me to have to use the Westell 9100EM that I got as part of the residential setup for port forwarding, etc... (instead of the original set up with my own router and Ethernet from the ONT)

Last year, I added a DVR to my existing MRDVR setup and I have had trouble accessing the main MRDVR from the web/mobile ever since.

So my curent setup:

Westell 9100EM

Main (Family Room) MRDVR is getting 192.168.1.100

2nd (Master Bedroom) DVR is getting 192.168.1.101

internally, they see each other just fine (the DVR show list is visible across both DVR's)

on the router, UDP port 63145 is being forwarded to 192.168.1.101 and WORKS (I can see it from the web and the mobile app)

on the router, UDP port 63146 is being forwarded to 192.168.1.100 and doesn't work.

I tried a bunch of things like:

forward 63146 to .100 destination port 63145

forward 63147 to .100

nothing seems to work... the forums seem to indicate I need some sort of flushing of the port numbers... It does seem weird that .101 is using 63145 -- since that is the 2nd, it should be using 63146, right?

Anyway, I hope this is an easy fix. I think I just need to know either:

1) what port I should be forwarding to for the main MRDVR on .100, or

2) a reset of the ports so that .100 is using 63145 and .101 is using 63146

I know my way around the Westell router, so let me know if there is something I can/should change. (BTW, uPnP is on, but rebooting the router/stb's isn't adding the port forwards back).

0 Likes
Re: need help with remote DVR
Williamh85

issue could be a few things.

1) Dont do any rules urself. Rotuer has all that in there already.

2) U might have a rotuer issue Westell are no longer used.

3) COULD be something on ourside not seeing the STB. Call tech support theres a tool we can run and check to see if the system sees the DVR. We can normaly fix that one easy, IF not they will send u a new rotuer.

U didnt change anything on the rotuer like the IP range did u? All the settings on the VZ rotuer have to be defaults. If U still have the eitehrnet cable there and its conencted to the ONT U can get changed back to use ur oun rotuer and have ours behind it. Thats going to lead to some other troubles BUT on dslreports theres guides on how to get around if u have any issues.

0 Likes
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

Sorry to hear about the problems you are having with the remote access to your DVR. We would like to help you out here to save you from needing to call into tech support. So we can get more information from you, I have copied your post to our private support board. Please refer all correspondences to there from here on out. You can easily get to the private support one of two ways. In the email you signed up for the forums with, you will receive a link to click on. Make sure you are already signed into the forums before clicking on this link. Another way of getting there is by clicking on your username anywhere you see it in the forums. This brings you to your account profile. Scroll down to the section labeled "My Support Cases" . In there you will see the link to your case.

0 Likes
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

It was our pleasure to help out and get this feature back working. Please reach out anytime you need out assistance.

0 Likes