# of simultaneous HD channels I can record on Fios
jiml

I am considering Fios TV. I want to purchase 2 TIVO HD DVR's and be able to record 4 HD channels at the same time. Is this possible. What is the limit for the service since each channel takes bandwidth on the fiber?

Thanks in advance for your help.

0 Likes
Re: # of simultaneous HD channels I can record on Fios
spacedebrisR
Contributor - Level 1

No time limit. As bandwidth is not an issue on broadcast channels. Yes you can use two tivo's as long as you get 2 s-cards or 1 m-card per box. I dont know which verizon is currently using. last I heard they were only using the s cards. so if that is the case you need a total of 2 tivo's (series 3) and 4 s-cards. Also remember that not only are you going to have to rent the cards from verizon you are also going to have to subscribe to tivo as well.

Another solution is just get two verizon dvr's and you can do the same thing. They can record up to two live programs at a time. HD or SD do not matter except for the amount of room on the hard drives being used.

0 Likes
jiml
I know I can record 4 broadcast channels. But can I record 4 hd channels from fios at the same time. Thanks for your reply.
0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@jiml wrote:
I know I can record 4 broadcast channels. But can I record 4 hd channels from fios at the same time. Thanks for your reply.

Yes.

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes
spacedebrisR
Contributor - Level 1

HD channels ARE broadcast channels.

so yes, you can record ANY 4 channels that you want, SD, HD, Local, premium, sports, even PPV if it is not protected.

0 Likes