only allowing paid movie viewing on one box
avemaria92
Contributor - Level 1

Can I order an On Demand or PPV program on one TV and watch it on another TV? Sorry, you can only watch an On Demand or Pay Per View program on the TV where you ordered it.

If you wish, you can re-order an On Demand or Pay Per View program on additional TVs, however, it will be a new instance of the program. If there is a fee to view the content, you will be charged accordingly for each instance of the On Demand or Pay Per View program you set up.

what kind of garbage is this?  if i want to watch a movie i paid for in my bedroom i have to now repay to watch it?can someone tell me the reasoning behind this one..

0 Likes
Re: only allowing paid movie viewing on one box
spacedebris
Master - Level 2

@avemaria92 wrote:

Can I order an On Demand or PPV program on one TV and watch it on another TV? Sorry, you can only watch an On Demand or Pay Per View program on the TV where you ordered it.

If you wish, you can re-order an On Demand or Pay Per View program on additional TVs, however, it will be a new instance of the program. If there is a fee to view the content, you will be charged accordingly for each instance of the On Demand or Pay Per View program you set up.

what kind of garbage is this?  if i want to watch a movie i paid for in my bedroom i have to now repay to watch it?can someone tell me the reasoning behind this one..

That is the OLD policy. On VOD you can now order a movie and if you want to watch it on another tv, you order it again on the second tv but you are only billed the one charge (if you are in the 24 hour period)

PPV is a little different. If you order a PPV by remote, it is for that one box only. However If you order the PPV via the verizon web page or by calling the billing department, then it is available on all tv's.

PS> one thing I forgot to mention. you can only watch the VOD on one box AT-A-TIME. Yes you can order on one and then watch it on another, but only one box at a time. 

Message Edited by spacedebris on 07-09-2009 08:25 AM
0 Likes
avemaria92
Contributor - Level 1

well i hope this is right.. i'm within the 24 hours and just 'reordered' the movie to watch in the other room..  (2 year old occupying the main tv room during the day so)...   it appears like it wanted to charge me again so i'm hoping i'll only be charged once..   it was an on demand movie though through fios.

0 Likes
avemaria92
Contributor - Level 1
what's the difference between pay per view and on demand?   this was in the on demand section but it is a pay movie...
0 Likes
matcarl
Master - Level 1
PPV channels are 1000, 1001, 1005
0 Likes
spacedebris
Master - Level 2

PPV is programing where you order, it comes on at a specific time on a specific channel.

VOD is programming that you order and watch instantly.

As for a second order. Yes, it will act as if you ordered it a second time. But the billing system will recognize the same title being ordered from the same account within the 24 hour period and will automatically adjust to not charge the second time.

One caviat that I forgot to mention, when you order a vod and then go to another room to order it again. make sure that you are going for the same movie and definition. What I mean is that dont order the standard def in one room and then order the hi def in the other room. Even if they are the same title. SD and HD are seperate orders.  just make sure that you are doing SD and SD or HD and HD.

0 Likes