"Mini-Guide" settings
frolicnj

When I hit the down arrow to bring up the mini-guide.  It takes five minutes for the guide to go away if I do not hit the "exit" button.  Is there a way to set the guide to go away faster, i.e. in 15 or 20 seconds?

0 Likes
Re: "Mini-Guide" settings
Justin46
Legend

@frolicnj wrote:

When I hit the down arrow to bring up the mini-guide.  It takes five minutes for the guide to go away if I do not hit the "exit" button.  Is there a way to set the guide to go away faster, i.e. in 15 or 20 seconds?

Edit: removed my original response as it was totally wrong.....sorry....

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes
frolicnj

Yes it takes 5 full minutes for both the full page, and the mini giudes to time out and go away if I don't hit the exit button.  The chaqnnel listing that comes up when just changing channel goes away in 10 seconds, but the guides take 5 minutes.  I have unplugged all the boxes and the time to go away is the same.

The other thig that is goin on is my caller ID no longer shows on the TVs with the boxes...hmmmmm

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@frolicnj wrote:

Yes it takes 5 full minutes for both the full page, and the mini giudes to time out and go away if I don't hit the exit button.  The chaqnnel listing that comes up when just changing channel goes away in 10 seconds, but the guides take 5 minutes.  I have unplugged all the boxes and the time to go away is the same.

The other thig that is goin on is my caller ID no longer shows on the TVs with the boxes...hmmmmm

Well shoot, if I could read and think at the same time, I would not have posted what I did......sorry!

Clearly the mini-Guide and the Full Guide are intended to stay on the screen until you take action by hitting the Exit key or selecting something, or until a very long time has passed if you do nothing. Otherwise you would not be able to read it, make a decision on what you want to do, etc.

I did not even know that the Full Guide ever timed out, I have never left it on the screen that long without doing something. When I bring the Guide up, I want to see what is there, I surf or whatever, and then I hit Exit to go back to the existing channel, or OK on a channel I want to switch to. I really don't understand why you would want either Guide to go away quickly.

Again, I apologize for my reading comprehension error. Too distracted by two football games and the Sprint Cup race is my excuse, can you buy that???? Smiley Very Happy

As to caller id, have you tried disabling the function in the STB, then rebooting the STB, then enabling the feature again? On those rare occasions that I have lost caller id on any of my TVs in the past two years or so, that has fixed it. Apparently there is another reason for the failure, I don't know any details, but if that is your issue you need to contact tech support and ask them to "remap" the path to your STBs.

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes
frolicnj

No problem on the "reading comp" issue.  Two football games and NASCAR will definately cause a loss of higher order processing.  Smiley Very Happy

As to the Caller ID advise...worked like a charm.  Thank you.  I really did not want to have to go to tecvh support.

Regards,

Don

0 Likes
frolicnj

UGGH....I spoke a bit to soon.  The caller ID trick worked on my DVR box, but not with the two HD only boxes.  Oh well, I guess its into tech support land for a remap.

Thanks.  I'll let you know if this gets corrected.

0 Likes