"You are not subscribed to this channel" issue
Theferrell

Hey, I have an issue where the screen that shows you are not subscribed to a channel, something that has happened regularly when I try to tune into a channel that I am indeed not subscribed to, on channels that I do have access to.

We noticed it when viewing DVR'd shows on Syfy and Prime Ticket that were DVR'd Tuesday and yesterday respectively. I noticed that the message still shows up on live TV while watching a hockey game on Prime Ticket.

Has anyone had this issue and how do I fix it?

Also, question to Verizon, will you please add TheBlaze to your lineup??  I'd like to have my hard earned cash go towards a news channel that has another opinion.  Thanks!

0 Likes
Re: "You are not subscribed to this channel" issue
PJL
Master - Level 3

Have you reset you STB, or performes and autocorrection?  That may solve the problem.  It is doesn't, try this process that I was given by Verizon when I had a similar -- but not identical -- problem:

1. On your FiOS TV Remote, press STB then press MENU.
2. Scroll down and select settings.
3. Next, highlight system information.
4. Now press on remote 4883 then OK.

5. Then press 2601 and then OK.

This process apparently resets subscription authorizations and some guide setttings.  It fixed the issue for me.

Regarding your suggestion, you might want to post it on FiOS TV Programming forum at this link: http://forums.verizon.com/t5/FiOS-TV-Programming/bd-p/FiOS_TV_Entertainment.  This is the technical help page that is peer-to-peer.

0 Likes
steve551

After spending hours on the phone with Verizon and not being about to resolve this issue I decided to try this. It feels odd because when you put the numbers in, nothing happens, it's as if you waved your hand and said "presto-change-o". But when I went and checked the channels they were back to normal. Many thanks for this advice.

So, why didn't their customer service know this?

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over nine years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes