"next movie rental on us" turns out not free in the end
pirate11

I saw 'next movie rental on us' (or text similar to it) offer on the verizon fios home screen on TV. On clicking it, it took me to on-demand Featured movie section. I selected a movie, it gave HD and SD options with corresponding charge for rental or buy. On next screen, it prompted me with 3 payment options 1) credit card 2)my account and 3)reward. Now, if I am coming to this screen by selecting a free movie rental promotional offer link, I am not clear why it is prompting me with 3 payment options. I selected credit card option and then confirmed the selection. Next thing I know, my credit card was charged with movie rental charges.

When I talked with Billing, I was told that nothing can be done as it was "my" mistake to choose credit card. I should have chosen either "my account" or reward option.

My point is, if Verizon is offering free rental offer, why it is prompting me with 3 different payment options. Also, nowhere in the offer panel was clear that I have to chose 'my account' in order to get the free rental. 

I am not happy at all with how Verizon handles the promotional offer links on their TV home screen and their on-screen application. If Verizon is giving multiple options when only 1 option is correct option, how can it be user's mistake if he/she choses one of the other two. I was expecting Verizon to at least provide some kind of credit for having misleading application UI and not project it as customer's mistake. Also, I did not see any option on Verizon website to complain about this issue and convey my dissatisfaction. 

0 Likes
Re: "next movie rental on us" turns out not free in the end
sszewc1

same thing here. They send you a "your next movie is on us" ad and they have no options for selecting something that assures you that you are receiving the rental for free. You have to just take a leap of Faith that Fios will reimburse you for the movie once you rent it. It is absolutley insane. You than call customer service and they have no idea what you are talking about. Just crazy

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Why not chose reward option?

My assumption is that they use standard VOD interface.

They just load your account with a reward to be used.

When in VOD, you can always see your rewards status in upper right hand corner.

0 Likes
reneeholmes

I think this is intentionally done and I have no respect for customer operations if this is intentional.  It is completely unfair and unethical to mislead your loyal, paying customers in such a sneaky way! I was on the phone with customer service for 2.5 hours arguing and waiting for SOMEONE to resolve my issue about a movie I ordered and expected to be waived.  Not even after I held on for what would be considered an obscene amount of time in ANY arena did they even have the common courtesy to waive the $18.99 charge!! In addition, I was also beginning to be charged for HBO which I never requested and due to the classic customer service scam: "free for 3 months, 6 months, one year, etc.,"  I was being charged for an "expired promotion" after the "free" period expired.  At the end of the call, there was no resolution.  Still waiting, after 24 hours, for a return phone call from management.....

0 Likes
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

When movies first come out you can't rent them. They are available only for purchase which is what it sounds like if it was $18.99. If you watched the movie why would you expect a refund? You can't just rent a movie with one button by accident there like 3 step before you purchase/rent it. 

Also if you know it the "classic 3 month free scam" why wouldn't you cancel at the 3 month mark to avoid the extra charges?

0 Likes