?? re: Quantum upgrade & STB's
Elra
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have two STB's.  I ordered the Quantum upgrade.  I received one box that looks like it is a replacement for ONE of the STB's and another smaller box that is for replaying the DVR's (etc).  What I cannot find out from existing video's is whether I keep the second STB and ADD the smaller box to it OR do I replace the second STB with the smaller box.  The Quantum package I ordered is supposed to work in both rooms.  Thanks!!  (I am a pretty technical sort, but cannot figure this out!)

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: ?? re: Quantum upgrade & STB's
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Correct.

IPC uses a tuner from the VMS.

So they say you can record up to 6 shows simultaneously.

If you watch something on VMS and IPC, that leaves 4 tuners available for recording.

If you were to add 2 more IPCs (for example), then you would be left with being able to record 2 shows (if all 4 tuners were actively in use).

View solution in original post

bosceltics
Enthusiast - Level 2

The larger box is the media server which  should go on your main tv .The little box is called a client or satalite and would go on a secondary tv.If you add a tv set than it will require another client .The media server will allow you to record up to 6 programs and if you wish  you can add a second media server to record up to twelve .My set up is one media server and 3 clients for a total of four tv sets.

CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

As previous posteer said, the larger box is where all the tuners are.

You can add up to 4 more remotes if you wish.

An important note:

You have to disconnect all of the old STBs prior to connecting up the new hardware.

Connect and activate the VMS first.
Then the smaller box (IPC).

Good Luck

Elra
Enthusiast - Level 2

OK, so if I am understanding correctly, BOTH old STB's will be replaced by the new equipment.  We will be able to change channels etc via the small box as we do now with the STB.  Correct?

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Correct.

IPC uses a tuner from the VMS.

So they say you can record up to 6 shows simultaneously.

If you watch something on VMS and IPC, that leaves 4 tuners available for recording.

If you were to add 2 more IPCs (for example), then you would be left with being able to record 2 shows (if all 4 tuners were actively in use).

Elra
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks ... have a nice evening/day!

0 Likes