remote control issues
Limomx02

Good Morning,

I have had FIOS for less than 2 months and i have had nothing but trouble. I switched from ALTICE cause the service was terrible not sure this one is any better.

I have has FIOS VOICE remote control issues since the 2 week of installation. The remote suddenly stops working with my Samsung Smart TV. You can't change the volume, the HDMI Input or mute the TV. I have changed the batteries, the HDMI cable and verizon even sent me new remotes which they wanted to charge me $15 dollars for!!! That was a big fight because I am not paying to have something replaced that I have been having problems with a week after a new installation.

Nothing fixed the issue because it is still happening. A supervisor at Verizon Tech Support did something on their end that fixed it for about 2 wks and then last night it is back to the same issues. This is getting very annoying and frustrating.

Any ideas? I think it might be the actual FIOS box not the remotes..

0 Likes
Re: remote control issues
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Limomx02 wrote:

Good Morning,

I have had FIOS for less than 2 months and i have had nothing but trouble. I switched from ALTICE cause the service was terrible not sure this one is any better.

I have has FIOS VOICE remote control issues since the 2 week of installation. The remote suddenly stops working with my Samsung Smart TV. You can't change the volume, the HDMI Input or mute the TV. I have changed the batteries, the HDMI cable and verizon even sent me new remotes which they wanted to charge me $15 dollars for!!! That was a big fight because I am not paying to have something replaced that I have been having problems with a week after a new installation.

Nothing fixed the issue because it is still happening. A supervisor at Verizon Tech Support did something on their end that fixed it for about 2 wks and then last night it is back to the same issues. This is getting very annoying and frustrating.

Any ideas? I think it might be the actual FIOS box not the remotes..

Pull the batteries out of the remote for 5 minutes and put them back in. Also remember the Fios remote needs line of sight to your TV to work with it. If that doesn't help, check your TV and see if there is a firmware update. There was a problem earlier in the year with Samsung TVs and remotes, and it was fixed with a firmware update. If that doesn't help, you might have to reprogram the remote for your TV. Also make sure the volume is all the way up on the TV using the Samsung remote, then use the Fios remote to turn it down.

0 Likes