stb sleep timer
Pip4
Enthusiast - Level 1

sleep timer on my motorola remote hd set top boxes all of a sudden stopped working. was told by tech support that that option was removed from that model stb although it still works on main dvr stb. why would you remove an option that saves energy? my bedroom stb's now stay on all night long instead of turning off after 4 hours. this makes no sense to me. if these boxes are outdated, replace them with ones that work.

0 Likes
Re: stb sleep timer
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

STBs have little to no power saving between box being off vs on.

Newer boxes (quantum) have a auto power off feature but it is based off of time sense last acted upon (ie command received from remote).

Best option for saving power is to use sleep timer feature of your TV.

Ljstc

Oh man. I just found mine did the same thing . Every morning I leave the TV on for a pet before I leave for work . It automatically turns off 4 hours of idle time .

I came home today to find my TV was still in. I got scared and thought someone was in my home and turned on the TV .

I went into settings to find the option was no longer there!  That's a solid feature for Verizon to remove . I tried calling Verizon but there is a 2 and a half hour hold time.  I'm going to soon switch providors anyway...

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

What model stb do you have?

What feature are you looking for?

For stb to power off? Or TV?

Stb power off is available.

0 Likes
Pip4
Enthusiast - Level 1

i have 4 motorola model 7100-2 boxes that sleep timer no longer works . also have 1 main dvr that the sleep timer does work on. i beleive that is a model 7100-1. i want stb in bedrooms to power off after 3-4 hours. they always have for years. why would verizon remove it from extra boxes and not main hd dvr box? tech support person from verizon agreed. he said maybe if they get enough complaints they will reinstall it.

0 Likes