transfering cable card from old device to new device how to activate
Angieq1

We just purchased a new TiVo box and are transfering the cable card from the old to the new. But while we can watch tv our preimum channels are not available. How do we activate the card to work with the new DVR??

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: transfering cable card from old device to new device how to activate
Seeker1437
Community Leader
Community Leader

Hi there, I am sorry to hear you are having issues moving your CableCARD to a new host device.

Typically, when a CableCARD is moved to a new host, it must be "validated" in order to receive "high value" channels such as the missing premium channels.

I would recommend calling into Technical Support for help with this process.

Your device should have a utility in place that should allow you to get the following information which should help with making the call a smooth experience:

The Host ID, Card ID, and Data ID

If you have more than one CableCARD, be sure to also have the CableCARD's serial number as well.

View solution in original post

Re: transfering cable card from old device to new device how to activate
Seeker1437
Community Leader
Community Leader

Hi there, I am sorry to hear you are having issues moving your CableCARD to a new host device.

Typically, when a CableCARD is moved to a new host, it must be "validated" in order to receive "high value" channels such as the missing premium channels.

I would recommend calling into Technical Support for help with this process.

Your device should have a utility in place that should allow you to get the following information which should help with making the call a smooth experience:

The Host ID, Card ID, and Data ID

If you have more than one CableCARD, be sure to also have the CableCARD's serial number as well.