troubleshooting
jws74

I see in another thread where one of the VZ employees (Techman28?) said, "post them here and we can usually help a little bit better than talking to 23 different people."

I've only had FiOS TV for a month now (was installed on 12-10), but I have to say, this has been the worst part of the change to me.  Granted, FiOS TV is still new technology (at least in my part of town) and quite a bit different from Cable TV provided by comcrap, so there is a learning curve.

However, I was having trouble getting the remote DVR feature to work (whatever changed in the VZ system last week cured my problem too, or maybe the solution to my problem is why it started mysteriously working for everyone else at the same time ... lol).

I got calls from several DIFFERENT tech support folks (always when I was at work where I can't answer my personal phone on duty) telling me to call back to the FSC (call us at 888-553-1555).  Only one of these calls referenced the trouble ticket number, and every time I called into the FSC, I had to start all over from scratch with the first line support folks.

I realize that the tech support staff doesn't work 24 hours a day (this is different from tech support being available 24 hours a day), and that the specific person that attempted to contact me may not be available at that time, but would it be that difficult when troubleshooting a problem to keep it with the same folks until resolved?  Give me an extension number, or some way to get back in contact with you directly.  Better yet, if it gets escalated, let me talk to that higher level person instead of having to play the telephone game (where "My DVR says 'Listener 2 started' for Fios On the Go" translates into "Fios On the Go is N/A" for some reason).

I'm kind of in the same boats as the poster that had the cablecard issue.  I called on the phone - they said "we'll send 'em to you" I told them they'd have to set up an appointment, they said, no they're on the way to you UPS.  Of course, after ten days or so I called back and lo and behold -- they have to set up an appointment.  The first date being over 3 weeks away? (I'm scheduled for an appointment on the 16th.  This was made around Christmas time.)

Anyway, thanks Techman28, TheSanchez and all of the other VZ folks that are working overtime monitoring this forum (and others!) and "volunteering" to help people get their problems resolved.  You're invaluable assetts to VZ.

0 Likes
Re: troubleshooting
Techman28
Master - Level 1

I'm at home atm and I'll be back in tomorrow morning 7 am and I'll see what I can do to get the remote DVR and any other issue you might have.

But we are 24/7 in tech support what are you running in to when you tried calling in what happens?

Message Edited by Techman28 on 01-11-2009 11:17 PM
0 Likes
Re: troubleshooting
jws74

The Remote DVR feature is now working as advertised, and it finally got resolved (along with everyone else in the world's, I think... 🙂 last week with something that happened.

My comment regarding the troubleshooting of that issue, however, was the fact that when the trouble ticket got escalated, and the folks that it got escalated to called to work through troubleshooting scenarios but I was unable to answer the phone, they left messages to call the FSC back at the same old 888 number (888-553-1555), and invariably, each time I did so, I had to start over describing the problem from scratch instead of getting connected to the technician (or a team member?) that was working on it, and therefore, presumably has information on next steps that the front line phone answering folks don't have.   (I understand the "double-edged sword" nature of having a direct callback number to a non-front line technician -- guess what I do for a living :), however, it just seems like one small step VZ could do to improve it's customer service image wrt FiOS in general)

As far as the other issue, it's cable card related (new install), and I've got an appointment for a truck-roll on Friday, but am/was disappointed that the date of my appointment was three weeks out when it was made. 

Thanks again for your offer to help!

0 Likes