tv channel listings
alanm47
Contributor - Level 1
I've been trying for quite a while to bring up the list of channels available for Fios in my area. Every time I try I just get "processing channel list"......but it never does. It's been like this for quite a while now. This is not a good way to add new customers!!
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: tv channel listings
Justin46
Legend

Ahhh....using Safari then?

I downloaded Safari just now and tried to view the channels on my PC, it just sat there, never finished, just like you described. So I am guessing it is a Safari problem, or a website incompatibility with Safari. Have no idea what the problem could be, or even who you should report it to. I guess I would start with Apple, since the page works in IE and Firefox.

I created a PDF of the web page for your zip and put it on a website I maintain. Here is a link to the PDF:

www.lakekiowatx.com/document/2446149768channels_19083.pdf

It is in alphabetic sequence, if you want it in channel number sequence let me know. 

If you have any problems getting the pdf let me know.

Keller, TX 76248

Message Edited by Justin on 07-19-2009 06:46 PM

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

Works fine for me. 

What URL are you going to? I just used this one:

http://www22.verizon.com/Residential/FiOSTV/ChannelLineup/ChannelLineup.htm

It does take quite a while before it displays the list of channels, maybe 15-20 seconds or so.

What zip code and optionally city/town are you entering? If you will provide that I will try it to see if I get the same problem.

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes
alanm47
Contributor - Level 1
Tried it for 20 minutes this morning and then gave up. Trying it again now........no luck. Perhaps its the area. I'm trying to get the listings for 19083 - Haverford twp. 
0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

I just tried it right now, zip 19083, came up with Lower Merion Township first, selected Township of Haveford, displayed the channel lineup just fine. 

What OS and browser are you using? I have no idea whether maybe Java or JavaScript might be required, I have them turned on, you might check that.

All I can tell you at this point is the website does work for me, gives me the channel lineup ok.

Obviously it would be best if we can figure out why you cannot see the channel lineup. But if you want to PM me and give me an email address I can capture the screen image and email it back to you.

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes
alanm47
Contributor - Level 1
I'm using a Mac, OS 10.5.7.  and it cannot access the channel listings. 
0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

Ahhh....using Safari then?

I downloaded Safari just now and tried to view the channels on my PC, it just sat there, never finished, just like you described. So I am guessing it is a Safari problem, or a website incompatibility with Safari. Have no idea what the problem could be, or even who you should report it to. I guess I would start with Apple, since the page works in IE and Firefox.

I created a PDF of the web page for your zip and put it on a website I maintain. Here is a link to the PDF:

www.lakekiowatx.com/document/2446149768channels_19083.pdf

It is in alphabetic sequence, if you want it in channel number sequence let me know. 

If you have any problems getting the pdf let me know.

Keller, TX 76248

Message Edited by Justin on 07-19-2009 06:46 PM
0 Likes
alanm47
Contributor - Level 1
Thanks for sending the file Justin.........Yes, it must be a safari issue. Just for the heck of it I might download firefox to see if it works. 
0 Likes
alanm47
Contributor - Level 1
FYI, I did download firefox for Mac and it worked fine so this must be a Safari issue and not an issue with the Mac OS. Thanks again for your help.
0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

You are more than welcome. And thanks for the update, always good to know the probable source of the problem and the solution (or at least a circumvention). I do wonder though what it is in the web page that Safari doesn't like.....

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes