video on demand resume play feature
caquinn
Enthusiast - Level 2

The resume play feature on fios video on demand no longer works.  This is true if I stop a video on demand feature using the stop play button or if I just pause it and let the pause time out.  When I go back to the program and click resume play it starts the program over again.  I called Verizon about it.  They said it was a known issue but that they didn't have any idea when it might be fixed. 

Does anyway know of a way to get around this problem?

0 Likes
Re: video on demand resume play feature
DocRAL
Enthusiast - Level 2

I don't have an answer, but wanted to say that we are having the same problem.  Not sure when  it started.  It is frustrating. We cannot pause a show for too long or it will stop and we have to use the "fast" forward (which is very slow) to get back to where we left off.  I hope Verizon knows about this.

0 Likes
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

We are aware of the timeouts inability to resume play. If you were to press STOP on the remote, it sets a bookmark. The bookmark is not set when paused. That way when it times out it doesnt remember where it left off. This will be fixed in a future. I apologize in advance for the inconvenience this is causing.

0 Likes
kadykaia

I hope this helps:

On 6/3 we experienced the same problem.  Verizon sent us a new DVR box, which we received today via UPS.  We exchanged the MOTOROLA QIP 6416-2 (Silver Box) and received a QIP 7232P2 (Black Box).  The Resume Play feature works fine now.

0 Likes
matcarl
Master - Level 1

A new box would have nothing to do with VOD Resume Play

0 Likes
kadykaia

The 

0 Likes
draytonp

How is this not fixed?? If I pause a movire too long it stops. It will NOT go back to where I was. If I push the stop button it puts an option up to "resume viewing", however it takes me back to the beginning of the movie. It is really frustrating that I can't pause long enough to make a bag of microwave popcorn.

0 Likes
GSDad

Go to my stuff.  Press play it will take you to an option to resume

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes