was I lied to by Verizon to sell a service to get new equipment?
Parboy

I have been with FIOS for over 8 years on a triple play plan that includes enhanced DVR, 50/50 internet, preferred HD and phone. I am 4 months from Verizon wanting me to renew. I saw ads on Tv that Tv One has made it to my area and I researched it a bit. I had a hard time with the quantum and enhanced boxes being slow and unresponsive but after equipment swaps and 2 other visits, I just accepted it. The One boxes I hear are much smoother and faster so I thought I would call to get the equipment replaced to the new TV One.  I heard some say they were allowed to upgrade for free with the 50.00 upgrade fee waved and some not so lucky so I was prepared for either outcome

Imagine my surprise when the chat rep told me all I had to do was upgrade to Premium DVR service for 10.00 more a month AND pay a 50.00 upgradation fee "whatever that is". for clarification I asked so you are saying I have to upgrade to a premium DVR to get the one boxes and he said YES. I advised to forget it and I did not want that service and he began to backtrack stating he would see fi he could get me the equipment without the upgrade and I just ended the chat as I had lost trust in the agent. Was he feeding be **bleep** trying to lie to sell me service I did not need?  Very upset and will likely need to rethink if I want to renew in November . What the heck

0 Likes
Re: was I lied to by Verizon to sell a service to get new equipment?
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

No. You shouldn’t need to upgrade to Premium to upgrade to FiOS TV One. Premium means that you get 2 DVRs for a total of 12 tuners. 

You want to stay with Enhanced which would be 1 DVR with 6 tuners and up to 4 mini boxes. 

0 Likes
Parboy

ok, just sly tactics I guess which is still bad business. I guess I will try just contacting CS directly to try to get someone who cares about my business. I will accept yous solution in a day or two but want to see if someone from Verizon wants to chyme in and direct me here

0 Likes
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Verizon can also downgrade the TV One harddrive down to 500 GB and 2 tuners if you subscribe to DVR or MRDVR. So really it shouldn't matter which type of DVR service you are subscribed. 

They might require you to at least sign up for Enhanced DVR to get it but I'm not a 100% sure if that is the case. You definitely don't need Premium DVR. 

0 Likes
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

You don't have to get any DVR service to get Fios One. I had no problem getting the new boxes without getting DVR service, so I'd imagine you could choose the DVR package you want.

0 Likes