why is YES Network secondary out-of-market programming shown in SD during Live Yankee/Nets games?
eiVaL
Enthusiast - Level 3

i notice everytime Mike Francesa's show follows a live game(normally a Yankee day game) just like yesterday, Friday Mar 23rd, when his coverage is picked up in progress the entire channel is in SD for the remainder of his show, which is always atleast 2+ hours.

but sometimes it switches as im watching so theres clearly someone in charge of physically changing the feed, so my question is whats the purpose, contractually on either your end(Fios the distributor) or YES Nework to their out of network customers for manually switching it to SD during those times?

unless its caused by the regional markets team, which for me would be the Tampa Rays on Sun Sports, if their game is still being played, are you contractually obligated to show YES Network in SD as a way to diminish the competitive sports network and entice me to watch the Rays game still in progress?

cause Mike's show in these instances were never in SD following the post-game coverage when i lived in the NY area last year, they were all in HD

0 Likes
Re: why is YES Network secondary out-of-market programming shown in SD during Live Yankee/Nets games
eiVaL
Enthusiast - Level 3

seriously? no replies by a tech or someone who works in the broadcasting field?

this has been going on litterally every day this week for his show, coming in after the Mets Yankees preseason game at noon, its in SD for hours, till eventually mid-broadcast someone finally turns it back to HD, I SEE IT HAPPEN DURING THE SHOW.

so again, theres clearly someone, for some reason manually making only the SD feed be broadcast nationwide when ONLY the HD channel is availible outside of the NY tri-state area, FIOS themselves only offer the HD version of the channel.

so again, why is the SD feed of YES shown on the HD channel not only during Live games, but after the coverage is over, cause if there was post-game coverage i would still see it, i saw post game all last year during the regular season, but Mike's show is officially schedualed to start after the game and im watching the DVR of his show today(Thursday April 5th) now and its in SD from the start which is after the Yankee Mets game finished. when ever it finally switches back to HD ill post again, if it switches at all =/

0 Likes
Re: why is YES Network secondary out-of-market programming shown in SD during Live Yankee/Nets games
johncougar
Enthusiast - Level 3

complain to YES directly since they are in charge of what is show on the feed

@eiVaL wrote:

i notice everytime Mike Francesa's show follows a live game(normally a Yankee day game) just like yesterday, Friday Mar 23rd, when his coverage is picked up in progress the entire channel is in SD for the remainder of his show, which is always atleast 2+ hours.

but sometimes it switches as im watching so theres clearly someone in charge of physically changing the feed, so my question is whats the purpose, contractually on either your end(Fios the distributor) or YES Nework to their out of network customers for manually switching it to SD during those times?

unless its caused by the regional markets team, which for me would be the Tampa Rays on Sun Sports, if their game is still being played, are you contractually obligated to show YES Network in SD as a way to diminish the competitive sports network and entice me to watch the Rays game still in progress?

cause Mike's show in these instances were never in SD following the post-game coverage when i lived in the NY area last year, they were all in HD

0 Likes