Activating messaging on Ellipsis tablet independent of my phone
Linda_Ridley

I just got Ellipsis tablets for my two kids and I want to activate messaging for them so they can text us.  How do I do that without sychronizing it to our phones?  Both tablets have their owne 'phone number' since they are on the data plan.  But when I try to use that phone number, I get a message that the account is not activated for messaging and to see the account manager.  When I log into My Verizon as the account manager, I can't see how to activate the tablets for independent messaging.  HELP.

0 Likes
Re: Activating messaging on Ellipsis tablet independent of my phone
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can't use the tablets with independent messaging, they have to be associated with a phone.  But you don't necessarily have to synchronize the tablet and phone messages ... you could use the native text app on the phone and not synchronize the messages with the tablet.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

I wrote that last part wrong.    You can use the native text app on the phone rather than Verizon Messages, but the texts will still be synced between the phone and tablet since the tablet text app is associated with the phone.

0 Likes
madsam59

Verizon say tablets can not text on there network anymore we use to but not now. you will need to get Google voice and set up an number for each tablet and then u can text through Google voice. I am in the same boat have a tablet that is on a share everything plan but no phone and I don't need a phone but Verizon say I need to BUY and PAY for a phone if I want to text with my table.

0 Likes