Brightness turns off in landscape mode. Brightness is at its highest setting and this still happens in landscape mode
Allstarplayerbgs

When I adjust the brightness, I rotate the screen in landscape, the screen dims, I'm sitting outside and cand see the screen in landscape mode. Can this be fixed

0 Likes
Re: Brightness turns off in landscape mode. Brightness is at its highest setting and this still happens in landscape mode
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Does this occur only outdoors? Are you wearing sunglasses when this happens? If yes, are the sunglasses polarized?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: Brightness turns off in landscape mode. Brightness is at its highest setting and this still happens in landscape mode
Snn5
Legend

Make sure Auto Brightness isn't selected if possible.  Then you can adjust the brightness all the way up, instead of the baseline brightness used by auto-brightness.

0 Likes
Allstarplayerbgs

That was it. I had polarized sun glasses on and when I til the screen it went polarized too which made me not able the see the screen...

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I have that same issue with a Nexus 7 2013 tablet and my sunglasses. Since I can't change my sunglasses, I learned to live with it. At least my tablet and from your description the Ellipsis 8 doesn't display a green tint over the entire screen in any orientation like the iPhone does. That I couldn't live with.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes