Cannot type using Zagg keyboard that came with Ellipsis
ADACUN85

Typing on the Zagg keyboard is not possible.  The tablet recognizes individual letters at the rate of about 1 per second.  If I type faster, it simply doesn't recognize 4 out of 5 letters, so I have to type each letter VERY SLOWLY.  Why?  it tells me I'm barely using the RAM.  YES, I've restarted, cleared the cache, cleaned cookies, and even did a factory reset.  So if you're going to offer suggestions, PLEASE don't suggest the usual stuff everybody knows to do.  My guess is this ellipsis's next stop is the landfill because it is useless.

0 Likes
Re: Cannot type using Zagg keyboard that came with Ellipsis
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you tried pairing the keyboard with another tablet or device to determine the Bluetooth radio is working correctly on the keyboard?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
ADACUN85

I have not, and I will ; however, the entire tablet is very sluggish and

Chrome caches and freezes regularly. I did install Avast recently, but UT was in a desperate effort to speed it up.

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The Ellipsis tablets aren't on the higher end of the spectrum for hardware and software specifications. Personally I wouldn't have recommended purchasing one for myself or another person.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
ADACUN85

I have sadly learned that lesson. It's been glitchy from the git go. I am now sadder but wiser. I'm going for a Galaxy S3 asap and putting the Ellipsis experience behind me. Thanks for your help, though!

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone

0 Likes