Changing verizon messaging phone ringtone for new phone ringer in app
Monty_S

The new messaging plus version of the Verizon messaging on my ellipsis 8 make the tablet ring when a phone call comes in.... Pretty cool.  So where do we find the setting to change that tone?  My wife's ellipsis 7 has a far better ringtone, but even on it we cannot find a way to change the tone.  We can change the tone of messages but not the phone ring.

0 Likes
Re: Changing verizon messaging phone ringtone for new phone ringer in app
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Excellent question! Have you tried going through the tablet settings? Settings> Sounds and Notifications> Default Notification Ringtone.

CarleyR_VZW Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Monty_S

I tried all of those.  It appears I can change the tones for the message, but not that phone ring tone.  I tried in the app as well, and again it changes only the message tone.  In all actuality, when my phone was ringing and the tablet was making noise, it took me a bit to figure out why it was making noise.

0 Likes
Monty_S

I thought by asking the question, then waiting, there would eventually be an answer.  Any ideas on this yet?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Monty_S, we are not giving up on this and let's keep working to find a way to adjust the sounds. Please check the volume controls and keep us posted. http://vz.to/21A98KC

GersonG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes