Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring the phone you love. OR get iPhone 13, on us. Online only. With Select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 1.31. Buy now
end of navigation menu
Ellipsis 7 Won't Power On
computerdoctorsc

I have an Ellipsis 7 that will not power on. I have replaced the battery and charging port, but that has not made any difference. When I press the power button, I can see that the backlight of the LCD comes on, but the start screen never comes up. I have tried hard resets using Power + Up Volume as well as Power + Down Volume. I have performed a power drain by disconnecting the battery and holding the power button down. Reconnected battery and tried to power on and hard reset, and still the backlight comes on but the start screen or Android never comes up. I'm out of ideas. I'm thinking the motherboard must be bad? Thanks.

0 Likes
Re: Ellipsis 7 Won't Power On
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Thank you for all the troubleshooting you have completed so far, computerdoctorsc.  You have done a great job so far! I know having a working device is important. Let's dig deeper to find what might be causing this. When did this problem start? Were there any changes around the same time the issue started (software update, new app installed, etc)? Does the tablet have any physical or liquid damage on it?
KrystelH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
computerdoctorsc

Definitely no water damage. I don't know whether it started as a result of an update or new app. Hard reset simply isn't working.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

@compterdoctorsc

Thanks for keeping me updated.  Let’s take a closer look.

Can you tell me what steps you took to try to hard reset the device?  When did you purchase your device?  You mentioned replacing the battery and the charging port.  How was the charging port replaced?

AnthonyTa_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes