Ellipsis 7 Won't Update
CYBERKILLER6

I have a Ellipsis 7, QMV7A running MV7A_31D25_422A

I have downloaded/updated the help app, did a factory reset, have an active verizon sim in it. Whenever I check for a new software version it says the tablet is up to date, however this is not true by the version listed on your site the tablet is very out of date. The tablet has 4gbs of free space and is charged, how do I get it updated to the latest update?

0 Likes
Re: Ellipsis 7 Won't Update
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I can certainly understand wanting to make sure your Ellipsis is up to date, CYBERKILLER6 . You have provided excellent details for us to work with. Can you please tell us the last time the device successfully updated? Are you able to run any other updates on the device such as applications?

MelissaP_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
CYBERKILLER6

MV7A_31D25_422A was the last successful update.

Yes I can download and update apps. I updated the help app, but it did not push any system updates. Tablet works fine other than not being able to update the tablet itself which is causing issues with other apps due to the old version of Android.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

CYBERKILLER6,

I appreciate the details. My apologies, as it is essential to always have access to your applications. I rolled up my sleeves and did some research for you.

The software version you mentioned in your first post MV7A_31D25_422A was available back in 2014. The next software update after, which would be the last one was available February 13, 2015.    

How long have you had the Ellipsis 7 tablet? Is the tablet currently an active line with Verizon? 

GinaU_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
deb69

i have the 2014 version it will not update

0 Likes
deb69

says it cannot connect to server

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

deb69, we apologize for the software update issues your tablet has. As a tablet user, I know how crucial it is for you to be able to update the software on your tablet and we want to help you. To better assist you, I need to ask you some questions. Is your tablet active on a Verizon account? What steps have you taken to update the software? Take a look at our Verizon Ellipsis 7 Software Update page.  https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/verizon-ellipsis-7-update/  

JacobV_VZW

0 Likes