Ellipsis 8 reboot loops. Won't stay on long enough to do anything.
Gert2011

Wife says her tablet just keeps restarting.  Went to troubleshooting.  Did soft reset.  No help.  Said to remove external memory.  It stayed on long enough for me to go to settings, remove external memory and press OK and then it started rebooting and I held power button to turn off.  Removed memory, still same problem.  Removed and reinstalled SIM.  Still same problem.

Next?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Ellipsis 8 reboot loops. Won't stay on long enough to do anything.
LarsWolfshield
Enthusiast - Level 1

We ended up trying a factory reset and it seems to be fixed for now. Thanks

for the help!

On Mon, Dec 14, 2015 at 3:26 PM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Gert2011-

Let's get the tablet back to normalville.  We want to make sure she can use her tablet again with no trouble at all.   When did the issue begin?  Does the tablet have any physical damage?  Have there been any recent changes to the device?

EmmaM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Gert2011

Problem started that morning after charging all night. No damage, no changes.

Looked at troubleshooting online, tried soft reboot, tried removing memory card, tried removing and reinstalling SIM, tried clearing cache and then posting question.

Went to Verizon store, they said it is less than 6 months old, Verizon will replace or repair, they said call Verizon. Tech support had me do a factory reset on it and it works now but still have a lot of setting back up to make wife happy. No one happy if wife is not happy.

Merle

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Gert2011-

Glad to hear your wife's tablet is back in business.  I must say I agree when you say that if your wife is not happy no one is happy.  My husband can vouch to that. 

We really do appreciate your business! To be sure, is there anything else we can help out with today?

EmmaM_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
SororSinistra

Hate to piggyback on this thread, but when I try to post a question I'm told I don't have permission to do so, with no explanation. My ellipsis won't connect to the network despite all the settings saying it is connected. Tried turning it off and on. Turned the settings off and on. WiFi works. Why do I pay for network connection when it won't work?

0 Likes
Gert2011

Hi.

Well, she is not happy again as it started doing the same thing again today. The gal that she worked with before had left her email so my wife has emailed her but hasn't heard back.

Merle

0 Likes
Re: Ellipsis 8 reboot loops.  Won't stay on long enough to do anything.
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Gert2011 wrote:

Well, she is not happy again as it started doing the same thing again today.

If the tablet was working after the reset, then it stopped while you were setting things back up, it MAY be an app that is malfunctioning or causing issues.  It's tedious work, but you may need to install one app at a time, use the tablet, then add another app, and see when/if it goes wrong again.

0 Likes
Re: Ellipsis 8 reboot loops.  Won't stay on long enough to do anything.
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

SororSinistra wrote:

My ellipsis won't connect to the network despite all the settings saying it is connected. Tried turning it off and on. Turned the settings off and on. WiFi works. Why do I pay for network connection when it won't work?

Have you tried removing and then reinserting the SIM card?  It may not be connecting properly.  Is it set to use LTE/CDMA mode in network settings?

0 Likes
Gert2011

Thanks for responding.

It worked fine AFTER setup for 3 days. She was on the Facebook app when it restarted looping this time. She had used the Facebook app for 3 days with no problem after the new setup.

Any advice?

We are leaving for a vacation tomorrow afternoon and she really wants it to be working for the vacation.

Thanks.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Gert2011-

We want your wife to get back to enjoying the awesome features on this tablet.  The less she has to worry about the better.  Please attempt to put the tablet in safe mode http://vz.to/1Hop610 to ensure a 3rd party app is not causing the trouble. Keep us posted.

EmmaM_VZW

0 Likes