Ellipsis - exactly what is it good for?
coinneachfitzpatrick
Enthusiast - Level 3

Seriously, I have yet to find a use for this thing.

I can't use it as a phone. When I first activated it, I tried to call it from my smartphone for testing. "We're sorry. The number you dialed has been changed, disconnected, or is no longer in service." Yeah, no. I can't dial out either; the dialer app just goes 'dur?' when I try.

Bluetooth doesn't work. It'll *pair* with anything, but won't actually *connect* after pairing.

I put several of my usual notification tones on the SD card, since, you know, additional storage is what it's for. My PC sees them when it's connected via USB. The apps, however, don't. Not even ES File Explorer can find them.

Smart Push on my work (Exchange) account goes silent without warning until I manually refresh it. What's so smart about that?

I can't even use it as a navigator; nav apps don't see the GPS.

OK, I got the thing for free, and I suppose it's worth exactly that, but why am I paying $10 per month for the line? What am I getting for that $10, aside from a headache?

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Ellipsis - exactly what is it good for?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry to hear you're having so mucn trouble with your tablet coinneachfitzpatrick. This tablet can not be used as a phone, which is why you received the error message when you called the number. In regards to bluetooth, what type of bluetooth connection are you attempting to add to your tablet. Due to this being a tablet and not a phone, it wont pair as your phone would. You can pair wireless keyboards and other devices. Here is a link to help http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/devices/knowledge_base.html/89045 .

Lets discuss your files you save to the device and smart push. Are the files you saved compatible with your pc? Is your tablet updated with the latest software which could correct the email issue?  Please keep us posted.

KinquanaH_VZw
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
coinneachfitzpatrick
Enthusiast - Level 3

I cancelled the line and removed the SIM card. I'm using it solely as a Wifi media player.

0 Likes
abon747

I cannot move anything either to SD and this is crap, I used multiple move to SD apps and none work because of the software you guys have on here. Why put a list of update improvements that don't exist, I pages for 4g service to get the update because a Verizon tech said I had to get 4g to be able to get the update. After I would get the update it would allow me to get future updates via WiFi.  Guess what that didn't work.  Thanks Verizon

0 Likes
robocoastie

The ellipsis 7 is a rip off piece of junk. Even with nothing on it extra but default apps you will start getting the out of memory error. And don't even think about using for email or eBook reading. They were just stupid with how they split the memory up STUPID. Its just a hot spot device at best and a door stop brick at worst.

0 Likes
ken429h
Enthusiast - Level 2

They say they can fix the ellipsis 7, but no one at verizon knows how to do it. Aparently you have to send it back to them, but no matter how much you complain, they never send the box to you.

The ellipsis is a piece of junk, unless people that bought it, get what is avalable to the people that are being sold it. Verizon just doesn't want to back up a device that has their name, because a recall of this defective product would be more costly than just letting people hate them!

0 Likes
ken429h
Enthusiast - Level 2

There is an upgrade covered by carol vzw on this forum, if you can find it. You need the upgrade MV7A_31D25_422A or MV7B31D41_422. There is nothing wrong with this tablet, once the memory issues are addressed by verizon tech support. Of course it's possable that many of the devices were crap to begin with, but they should be replaced, because they did not function as sold!

tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

ken429h wrote:

There is an upgrade covered by carol vzw on this forum, if you can find it.

Information regarding the upgrade can be found here:

Important Note: Memory Management

0 Likes