How can I make the "My Verizon" app work on my Ellipsis 7 tablet
BobP1947
Enthusiast - Level 2

The 'My Verizon" app starts to run, and then a message pops up stating that it must be updated.  When I try to update, another message pops up stating that the app is not compatible with my Ellipsis 7 tablet.  The old app won't work --the only options are update or close.

Re: How can I make the "My Verizon" app work on my Ellipsis 7 tablet
B33
Legend

You might Try running a Power cycle if you haven't see if that helps, if not you might try clearing the cache in the App or Running a System cache..

0 Likes
BobP1947
Enthusiast - Level 2

I cycled the tablet off and on.  Opened the settings for the My Verizon app and cleared the cache and data.  Restarted the My Verizon app. with the same results. Popup with 2 options: Update or close.  Tried to update, and was told that the app would not work on my tablet.  Close shuts down the app.  I am running the updated tablet software version MV7A_31D25_422A (which by the way is GREAT)

Any other suggestions?

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Are you trying to use My Verizon Mobile or My Verizon Mobile for Tablets?

0 Likes
BobP1947
Enthusiast - Level 2

"My Verizon Mobile" in on my tablet.  When I try to update it leads me to "My Verizon Mobile for Tablets".

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

It appears the app has issues on some tablets.  And for whatever reason, it also appears that the tablet version isn't compatible with the Ellipsis 7 tablet.  Maybe the app will be updated soon to address this.  In the meantime, while cumbersome, you could still log into the web version of verizonwireless.com to check your usage via your tablet.

0 Likes
BobP1947
Enthusiast - Level 2

I will proceed as you suggest.

Thanks,