Owen, we are glad you stopped by with this question. Having available space on your device is a must, and we are always glad to help. Your apps that are on your device, most of them cannot be moved to an SD card. If the app gives you the option in the play store you can move it there. Good news though, you can save other content to the card to clear space as well. Have you thought about moving your photos and videos? These are other items you can move to clear space, music, photos, and videos for instance. Are you getting an error message? Do you have 20 GB used or available on the card? Do you use all the apps on your device?
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
I can see from this response I need to supply more info. The device I’m referring to is the Ellipsis 7 with 8gb of storage. As of right now this is how it is used: Available 695mb, Applications 2.62gb, Pictures, videos 28kb, Audio 264kb, Downloads 8kb, Cashed data 696mb, and Misc Items 3.07gb. This is after removing all infrequently apps I could. The only apps still there that I don’t use are those that cannot be removed. I’ve done everything I can think of so am open to suggestions. BTW, why would I not have enough space to download upgrades when the available space is many times that of the upgrade?
Thank you for getting back to us with those additional details. It does help out. The Ellipsis 7 tablet does have limited space. This has been something that has been brought up to the manufacture Quanta. Even with an SD card it will not allow you to move applications to it. That leaves limited space on the tablet for app downloads & updates. Here are a few steps to help free up space:
1) Navigate to Settings > Apps > Downloaded > select an application > select `Move to tablet space`, if it is available.
Note: Devices on software version MV7A_31D26_422 will have more applications available for this option. This option is not available for software version MV7A_31D25_422A because the memory has one partition.
2) If you are using an email client, please navigate to Settings > Accounts (select account) < Account settings < Select account < make sure `Days to Sync` is set to 3 days or less.
a) If days to sync is set to more than 3 days.
i) Free up app space to more than 50MB following steps 1 or 3.
ii) Once space is available, change the `Days to Sync` to 3 days or less following step 2.
Following this process will allow email data to be cleaned up automatically and will free app space.
3) Navigate to Settings > Apps > Downloaded and uninstall any unwanted applications.
4) For software version MV7A_31D25_422A or MV7A_31D26_422, SD cards are available to free up space and move media files.
Note: Applications cannot be moved to SD cards.
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
1) I checked several apps & didn't find any that had the option to move to SD card. If it were there, where would it show up in the listing?
2) Using G mail & didn't see where to change the sync frequency.
3) I have uninstalled all unwanted apps except for those that came with the tablet & don't have an uninstall option.
4. My software version is MV7B_41D37_442.