How do I save content to my micro sd card?
snakesnow
Enthusiast - Level 1

I recently bought a Micro SD card in my Tablet, but I do not know how to save stuff to it.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: how do I save stuff to my micro sd card?
prometheuz
Contributor - Level 1

Aha! Do this my friend, get the SD card out of the phone, use a card reader (USB port) then plug it on your computer, once it appears right click the drive and then select "Properties" (I'm assuming you have a  windows pc) then un-check the "read only" part there. Select okay then remove the SD Card and plug it back on your phone.

I use ES Explorer and works like charm for me, let me know if unchecking the "read only" settings of your SD card improves your situation. Keep us posted Smiley Happy

View solution in original post

0 Likes
prometheuz
Contributor - Level 1

Oh that is awesome! I hope you managed to get a good deal for the SD card hehe, what do you plan to save on it? (ex. photos, videos, and other files, or do you plan to migrate your apps on the sd card (because that is a bit trickier))

If you plan to transfer the photos, I suggest you download a "File Manager" app in the playstore, so that you can cut or copy & paste the files from the internal memory of your tablet to the SD Card. Then also check your camera app and set the default storage to SD Card so that all photos you will take will be automatically saved in the SD.

For apps try to check google play's settings if there's an option there to install the apps on your SD instead of your internal memory.

(Samsung devices usually have this setting on the device's main settings page, just tap "storage" and check for the default or preferred storage option, choose your SD if you have that)

Keep us posted and good luck! Smiley Happy

0 Likes
snakesnow
Enthusiast - Level 1

So far I have not been able to get a file manager that will help me access my Micro SD Card.  Are they locked when you get them?  It says that it is read only.

prometheuz
Contributor - Level 1

Aha! Do this my friend, get the SD card out of the phone, use a card reader (USB port) then plug it on your computer, once it appears right click the drive and then select "Properties" (I'm assuming you have a  windows pc) then un-check the "read only" part there. Select okay then remove the SD Card and plug it back on your phone.

I use ES Explorer and works like charm for me, let me know if unchecking the "read only" settings of your SD card improves your situation. Keep us posted Smiley Happy

0 Likes