How do I stop an Ellipsis 8 from constantly rebooting before the unlock screen?
schmees
Enthusiast - Level 1

So what I have read so far on the topic for this issue says I should  turn the device into airplane and rollback recent updates to the apps installed on the tablet.

There is only one problem with this solution, the start only appears on the first boot, and only for a second or two not long enough to unlock the screen let alone turn on airplane mode or roll back any updates.

I would start from scratch with a factory reset but that also appears to require the use of the OS which again isn't available for more than a second.

What are the next steps? Can i start it in a safe mode that won't require access to the OS to set in safe mode? Is there a way to perform a reset via tether?

Thanks for the help in advance!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How do I stop an Ellipsis 8 from constantly rebooting before the unlock screen?
schmees
Enthusiast - Level 1

Nevermind found that pressing the power and volume up button would bring to the screen to perform a reset without having to load the OS first. So I am performing a reset now.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: How do I stop an Ellipsis 8 from constantly rebooting before the unlock screen?
schmees
Enthusiast - Level 1

Nevermind found that pressing the power and volume up button would bring to the screen to perform a reset without having to load the OS first. So I am performing a reset now.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That's certainly not a concern we want you to have to worry about.  How long has that been going on? Has the tablet had any physical damage or liquid exposure?
MatthewT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes