I can't connect to some wifi networks with my ellipse 8 my droid maxx 2 has no problem with the same wifi?
rwfennimore

Can't connect to some WiFi networks with my ellipse 8 my droid maxx 2 has no problem connecting to the same WiFi any ideas or solutions?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: I can't connect to some wifi networks with my ellipse 8 my droid maxx 2 has no problem with the same wifi?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Do you know if the WiFi signal is being broadcast on the 2.4 GHz or the 5 GHz channels?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: I can't connect to some wifi networks with my ellipse 8 my droid maxx 2 has no problem with the same wifi?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Do you know if the WiFi signal is being broadcast on the 2.4 GHz or the 5 GHz channels?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want you up and running on any availalbe wif networks.  What happens when you try to connect ot the network?

MatthewT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
rwfennimore

I can connect to other networks without issue brother has ellipse 10 no problem connecting to same wifi

0 Likes
GreenBeret
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have the same problem with wifi connectivity with my Ellipsis 8.   How can you tell whether you are in 2.4 or 5?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can use an application to view the type of wifi signal that is in range of your device.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.farproc.wifi.analyzer

0 Likes
parismom

omg.  this is the same problem i'm having with either 2.4 or 5.0.  i don't think it's a comcast problem. nor, do i have this problem with my other ereaders, one being an ellipse 6.

0 Likes
Re: I can't connect to some wifi networks with my ellipse 8
parismom

i'm running 2.4 and 5.0.  really need an answer to this 4 year old question.  thanks!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi, parismom. Thanks for checking in on our community forum. Since this is a pretty old thread, I just want to make sure we're dealing with the exact same situation. Your Ellipsis 8 tablet will not connect to some WiFi networks, but your Ellipsis 6 as well as other devices will connect to those networks without issue? Is your tablet fully up to date on software? EricW_VZW

0 Likes
parismom

Hi eric,

yes, you have the situation correctly.  The problem is that I’m unable to connect to wifi so I’m unable to download an update. Thanks for looking into this for me.

\
abby

0 Likes