I'm accruing data usage when I'm connected to wifi
Bekmonster
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've read many other posts on this but I don't seem to see a resolution. Just bought an ellipse 7 three months ago and have had data usage issues when on WiFi from the very beginning. I'll called Verizon 4 times and visited the store I bought it from twice. I have even turned wireless data completely OFF on the device. Wireless data has been OFF completely for more than a month. I am still getting data charges! Verizon had my factory reset the device last time I called. It is still happening. They won't even let me terminate the contract and just return the device with charging me a termination fee. Any ideas?

Re: I'm accruing data usage when I'm connected to wifi
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Bekmonster, this is certainly a cause for concern. You definitely shouldn't incur data usage especially when your mobile data is turned off. We want to ensure we get this matter properly addressed for you as well as ensure we report any flaws in system of that device to the manufacturer. When you go into Settings>Data Usage is it reporting any usage for apps or is it showing usage on the graph but doesn't reference any apps as having been used via the mobile data?

Please keep us posted.

EbonyR_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Bekmonster
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes, it is showing usage on apps. The usage matches what is shown on verizon.net. But even on that screen, it verifies that mobile data is OFF.

Personal information removed as required by the

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate the clarification. Can you confirm the software version on your tablet by going to Apps>Settings>About Tablet>software version?

TamaraH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
psemeta
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm having the same issue been a Verizon customer 10 plus years past year of issues like monthly charge for a flip phone being double what I was told and now phantom usage  and I'm moving on. When I had unlimited data my usage was low. Go to an unlimited plan and my usage is now supposedly double what it was. Last straw was that an hour ago I connected to wifi and somehow used a whole gig in a half hour. First never used a whole gig over 2 hours now a half. Send a complaint to fcc and ma sos- someone needs to look into this because based on the threads here Verizon isnt. Oh when tried name not happy not happy at all even with random numbers was told it was taken. Clearly a lie so I used a word that means lies in greek guess your robo filter didn't catch that.

0 Likes
psemeta
Enthusiast - Level 1

Aah and now my name and not screen name appears. I don't care but really?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

psemeta, being with us for 10 years is a very long time. We would love to keep this relationship going for many more years to come. We want you to enjoy the stellar services. Let's work together to see what is going on. What is the make/model of you device? When did this start?
ZangY_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes