I recive and e-mail with a photo attached. I tap the attachment and I get a message "fetching attachment" but i cannot find it!
Linago

I receive an e-mail with a picture attached.  I tap the attachment and I get a message "fetching attachment".  I thin go try and find the picture and I cannot find it anywhere.  What's more, when I go back to the e-mail the picture was attached to, the attachment is gone,  Where are the pictures I receive, download and try to view going? I tried downloads, pictures etc.

0 Likes
Re: I recive and e-mail with a photo attached. I tap the attachment and I get a message "fetching attachment" but i cannot find it!
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

What email provider are you using?  Using my gmail account, I have the option(s) to view and then save the attached photo to the Gallery, to download it, or to save it to my Google drive.  My photo gallery has a "download" folder.

Using another account (my business account, my own domain email) I get the same options - the attachment shows the pic when I tap it, then I click the photo and get the options (three dots int he top right corner of the pic).  If I got back to the email, the attachment is still there.

0 Likes
Re: I recive and e-mail with a photo attached. I tap the attachment and I get a message "fetching attachment" but i cannot find it!
Linago

Good afternoon-

Sorry about all the typos in my original message.

I have two e-mail accounts set up on my Ellipse 8: an AOL account and a Comcast account.

I received an e-mail from my brother just last evening, with a picture of my nephew attached and I was unable to view the photo, it "disappeared" after it "fetched" it and it is no longer attached to the original e-mail.

I have a Samsung Galaxy 3 and a Motorola Zoom that have both the same e-mail accounts set up on them and I have no problem with attachments with those devices.

I called Verizon and the Tech said she could not figure out where they were going either. She suggested I take the tablet into a Verizon store and have them try to find out what the problem. I did also order an SD card for the tablet. I was unaware that it did not come with one. I don't know if that will fix the problem but I figured it was worth a shot at the $13 that the card cost. In any case, I will have storage in the card in case anything happens to the tablet itself, like my throwing it out the window.

Anyway, I am open to suggestions!

Thanks for replying

Linda

0 Likes
Marcyneff

I have spent hours with support and at the store.  The problem is with the tablet.  It seems to always disappear if the picture is from an iPhone. I am using Century Link.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Marcyneff

Lets see what is going on here. Are you getting photos emailed to your tablet from iPhone users? What kind of tablet do you have?

ChristopherM_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Marcyneff

There is a problem with the email tablet software.  I have an Ellipses8 and there seems to be no solution.  Several Verizon employees sent an email with a picture from an iphone and it will not download the picture.  The picture disappears.  I think you can narrow down the problem with receiving from the iphone.  Your IT departments needs to look at the program and make a change.  I am sure that it is not the actual tablet but the software of the email program.  There are several problems with this tablet and tried to return it and get a more expensive one but Verizon would not do it.  I was within the 14 days but Verizon does not satisfy their customers.  After over 25 years with Verizon, I think it is time to look elsewhere for service. The workaround is to download another email app and not use the one of the phone.  The problems with Chrome not working for all programs workaround was to install another browser.  The Tablet has been troubleshooted to death.

0 Likes
carol_vzw
Verizon Employee

Thank you for your posts. Downloaded images are saved to Downloads and can be viewed via the Gallery or Photos apps. When you view the image in your email, click on the dots in the upper corner and select "Save".

We will continue to monitor this forum and other channels for similar reports and information to investigate, but we tested receiving email attachments from iPhones on three email accounts: Gmail, POP, and Exchange, and the photos saved to Downloads as well as remained attached to the original email. We tested with Wi-Fi and Data connections.

If it is the Centurylink app that is being used, we unfortunately cannot support third party apps.

0 Likes
Marcyneff

Century Link is NOT an app.  It is a phone/internet/email company just like Verizon.  The documents do not go anywhere because the fetching erases the picture.  If she has Century Link, that is why it is gone forever unless she goes to the century link website email. 

Verizon does not support third party apps but tells me on several things that I have to use third party to make the Ellipses work.  A bit contradictory by Verizon.  Verizon just needs to fix the program!!!! I spent at least 10 hours trying to get it to work and talking to support people. 

0 Likes
carol_vzw
Verizon Employee

We are familiar with CenturyLink, we just wanted to ensure that you were not experiencing this issue with the available CenturyLink Android app.

If you continue experiencing this issue, please ensure that you have not added any apps that can interfere with downloading - security apps or data use apps that can restrict downloading to Wi-Fi. You may also want to try uninstalling and reinstalling your email account.

To determine if an app could be the cause, you can try running your device in Safe Mode:

http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-122285

There have only been these two reports of an attachment issue and we are not able to reproduce it, so the above steps or a Factory Reset (Please back up your content) should resolve the issue.

0 Likes
Marcyneff

I have already reset my phone to factory and deleting my email and reinstalling.  A factory reset was done and just loaded the email and it did not work.  If there is a conflict, the conflict is with something already on the tablet upon purchase.  I only answered the previous person because I did not want them to have to waste as much time as I did.

0 Likes