Kindle app on eclipse 7 tablet
Nann1961

My kindle is slowly dying. I have the Verizon eclipse 7 tablet. I downloaded the kindle App. All if my books transferred but I see no place for text to speech as I enjoy listening to my books in the evening. Does anyone know if it is even available on the eclipse?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Kindle app on eclipse 7 tablet
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Nann1961,

Thanks for reaching out to us about your tablet. I know how convenient it is to be able to listen to a book. I use Audible all the time to listen to books, but your way sounds great, too. This device does have native text to speech available, but it is limited to reading aloud text messages. You'll see the steps below to access that feature in the menu. Were you able to try SuzyQ's method?

-Text-to-speech output

Text-to-speech provides readout of text. For example, you
can have the contents of messages read out to you.

1. From the Home screen, tap Apps > Settings >
Language & input.
2. Tap Text-to-speech output.
3. Tap Google Text-to-speech Engine to enable the
Google engine.

EricW_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

The option pops up on my Ellipsis 8 - although I don't use it.  When you tap the menu button (three bars, top left on the homepage of Kindle app) do you get a menu item for audio upgrades?  See screenshot of what I get on my Kindle menu...

Screenshot_2016-02-05-12-38-26.png

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Nann1961,

Thanks for reaching out to us about your tablet. I know how convenient it is to be able to listen to a book. I use Audible all the time to listen to books, but your way sounds great, too. This device does have native text to speech available, but it is limited to reading aloud text messages. You'll see the steps below to access that feature in the menu. Were you able to try SuzyQ's method?

-Text-to-speech output

Text-to-speech provides readout of text. For example, you
can have the contents of messages read out to you.

1. From the Home screen, tap Apps > Settings >
Language & input.
2. Tap Text-to-speech output.
3. Tap Google Text-to-speech Engine to enable the
Google engine.

EricW_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes