My Ellipsis 8 can no longer detect my gym's wifi signal. Please help!
michaeltatham

I used my Ellipsis 8 to watch Netflix over the open wifi signal at my gym for 2 months with no problem. One day I showed up and no signal was found. I went through all the trouble shooting steps all the way down to factory resets with no resolution. Called Verizon tech support and still nothing. They had me send them the tablet in a recovery box. One week later I have the tablet back and they said nothing was wrong with the unit. I went to the gym today and it still can not detect the signal. My Samsung phone picks up a very strong signal. No other people have reported a problem with wifi connection issues. Obviously Planet Fitness will not allow me to start messing with their router. Any suggestions would be GREATLY APPRECIATED!

0 Likes
Re: My Ellipsis 8 can no longer detect my gym's wifi signal. Please help!
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
I understand the importance of ensuring you are able to get connected to wifi michaeltatham. Allow us to get to the bottom of your tablet concerns. Have you recently installed any new software or new applications when it stopped connecting to the gym wifi? Have you tried to connect another device to your gym wifi?

Thank You,
MichelleS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
Re: My Ellipsis 8 can no longer detect my gym's wifi signal. Please help!
michaeltatham

I did the update for the Ellipsis 8 prior to it stopping to work. Tech support said that had nothing to do with it. I've done 3 factory resets without any new software or apps. When tech support examined the tablet no malware or viruses were found. All my other devises, samsung phone, ipad, ipod; work there with no problem.

Any other ideas?

Thanks,

Mike

0 Likes