My ellipsis 8 tablet won’t connect to my home WiFi
fmeyer

My ellipsis 8 tablet won’t connect to my home WiFi with WPA or WPA2 security turned on. I get the message, “Obtaining IP address…” The device will connect successfully if I turn WiFi security to none. Although, it will connect to my friend’s WiFi with WPA/WPA2 security turned on. I’ve tried forgetting the WiFi and re-adding it, restarting the router, and powering the device off and on. I have 7 other devices that connect to my WiFi using WPA/WPA2 security without a problem. The device was connected successfully to my WiFi for months until I decided to do a factory reset because it was acting sluggish. Does anybody have suggestions on how I can fix this issue?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: My ellipsis 8 tablet won’t connect to my home WiFi
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Good to know. Please try rebooting your tablet in safe mode and try to connect to your Wi-Fi while in safe mode. You can learn how to restart in safe mode here: http://vz.to/1QLrcKQ.
NoahS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We always want you to be able to stay connected, fmeyer. Usually this error comes from entering a Wi-Fi password incorrectly. Have you tried connecting with any new devices recently?
TimothyS_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
fmeyer

Yes, I am entering the correct password. I've disconnected other devices from the network by forgetting the network and then entering the password to connect again successfully. I've also connected a brand new Amazon Fire TV to my WiFi with no problem within the last few days.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Good to know. Please try rebooting your tablet in safe mode and try to connect to your Wi-Fi while in safe mode. You can learn how to restart in safe mode here: http://vz.to/1QLrcKQ.
NoahS_VZW

0 Likes
Jhl1234

Having the same issue,  I've ttried everything and my tablet still will not stay connected to my home wifi.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Jhl1234,

We can relate to how important it is for you to be able to utilize your WiFi connection. Help is here. What change was made to the tablet right before you began having issues. When was the last time you were able to use WiFi?

KatiM_VZW

0 Likes
familyrios

im having the same problem and i already tried everything even connecting to safe mode but its not working can you plz help out 

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes