Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
***Announcement: Welcome to the new Verizon Community! We have merged our Wireless and Fios Communities to bring you the best place to discuss any Verizon product or service, along with all things tech! We have many new features to discuss with you in the coming weeks, but first we want to make sure that all of you who have been active on either of our communities before are able to log in!

Please see the Announcement in the Announcement section under Information Hub.

SIM card removed error Ellipsis 7
kimela10

I just got a Verizon Ellipsis 7 yesterday.  It is only charging to 99% and while charging and while not charging, it keeps showing SIM card removed error.  They installed it at the store.  I have powered down, removed and reinstalled the card.  Still happening.

0 Likes
Re: SIM card removed error Ellipsis 7
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

It can be so disappointing to have problems with a brand new device kimela10! Many devices will charge to 100%, but as soon as they are unplugged and used for even a minute, it will immediately drop to 99%.

However, a SIM error is very problematic, due to the fact that your device will not work properly. This may even contribute to it not wanting to tip up to 100% at all, if it's constantly searching. I would recommend bringing it back for another SIM card. You can have them activate and test in store to make sure it's working.

Thank you,
MichelleH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes