Tablet shuts off
bs2000
Enthusiast - Level 1

Anyone else have problem with the tablet turning off in standby mode. I'll leave it for a few min and when I go to wake it nothing happens. I have to hold power button and it starts up.

Re: Tablet shuts off
snow777

nop  i am  not having  any problem

0 Likes
bigshue
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm having the same issue. I've had the tablet 2 days, and it has happened twice.

Tablet is fully charged, and leaving it unattended overnight will require power-up in the morning.

No other odd issues (app crashes, etc) that would lead me to believe there is anything wrong.

bigshue
Enthusiast - Level 2

Up to 5 time now, as well as spontaneously restarting while it was sitting on my table.

May need to return to Verizon store to exchange...

0 Likes
Landi
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm having the same problem now. I didn't initially notice it but now that I've been using it more, I find it doing it t more and more. Does anyone know why it shuts down instead of going into standby?

0 Likes
mansiongal

Mine was shutting off and requiring a restart every time I looked away from active use. The display setting was set to Sleep after 2 minutes of inactivity. Under Security, "Automatically lock" also was set to 2 minutes. Last night, I changed the display setting to 5 minutes and under Security changed "Automatically lock" to "5 minutes after sleep, except when kept unlocked by Smart Lock." It seems like those two settings (not sure if it's the combination or just one of them) have fixed the problem.

0 Likes
Fattails

Same problem as well, ended up taking both new tablets back to the store for new ones. Hope it does not come back but am nervous it will after reading these posts...

0 Likes
Landi
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks! I'll try that.

0 Likes
bigshue
Enthusiast - Level 2

I took my tablet back to the Verizon store and they swapped it for a new one.

After reloading all my apps and configuring email sync, etc, tablet has been perfect for 3+ days now!

No crashes, no restarts. I'm happy!

0 Likes
JackFlash65

Yes, it shuts down all the time while in standby.

I've had my Ellipsis 10 since Black Friday.  We got three of them, and of those, I believe mine is the only one doing that.

Not only does it shut down after anywhere from seconds to minutes of being in standby, there seems to be some yet to be known sequence of voodoo required to get it to reboot.  Holding down the power button for several seconds, repeated pressing, all sorts of combos.  Nothing works all the time, except plugging it in.

The first time this happened, I assumed it was low battery because it only came to life after plugging it in for a couple minutes.  But once it did powered up, the battery was at 84 percent. So that theory went out the window.  Plugging it in will always bring it to life.  But sometimes just pressing and holding power for 10 or so seconds will do it.

On an unrelated not, I've also had a few apps that won't load on this device.  One in particular, Game Of War, did load, and worked for over two weeks.  But then suddenly it stopped loading.  I uninstalled, and upon attempting to reinstall was told by Google Play that it couldn't be downloaded on that device.  Either MZ changed something on their last updated, or it's the device.  I'm just not sure.  A couple of other apps I've used on other Android devices don't seem to work on this one either.  So I'm leaning toward the device being the problem.

Reading all the posts here, I'm thinking this is just a defective unit and 'm going to have to get it swapped out.

0 Likes