Terminate service but keep device?
marronl
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm still within the 14 day limit to return my Ellipsis 8. Can I terminate the service but keep the device to use with my home Wi-Fi and just not pay the monthly service fee? I would just return the tablet and cancel the service but I don't think it's worth it if I have to pay $70 restocking/recycling fee when I got it for free (paid, but with mail-in rebate).

Any input, please?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Terminate service but keep device?
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

If you signed a 2 year contract you will either need to return it or you will have to pay an ETF.

View solution in original post

kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

If you signed a 2 year contract you will either need to return it or you will have to pay an ETF.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

marronl, we want for you to enjoy your services and the devices. You have questions, we have answers. Let's review your options together to see what would be the best deal for you. When terminating the service, the tablet can be returned back to us and there will be a $35 restocking fee. If you decide to keep the tablet, the Early Termination Fee (ETF) will be applied to the account. Is the Ellipsis 8 on the Device Payment Plan or on the 2 year contract?
ZangY_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

marronl
Enthusiast - Level 2

The contract paperwork I received says the restocking fee is $70 for a tablet. Other than that, my question has been answered. Thank you.

0 Likes
marronl
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you!

0 Likes
goofy174
Enthusiast - Level 1

It's not worth keeping. Pay the restocking fee and go out and buy a used Nexus 7 2013 model for just around a hundred and 80 dollars. Then you will see what a real tablet is supposed to do. I have the ellipsis tablet, Nexus 7 2012 model, - Nexus 7 2013 models, and old crappy Nobus and the old nobis is better than this new ellipses I'm afraid.

0 Likes
goofy174
Enthusiast - Level 1

Since Verizon cut off my login before I could finish my paragraph I will cut and paste it here:

It's not worth keeping. Pay the restocking fee and go out and buy a used Nexus 7 2013 model for just around a hundred and 80 dollars. Then you will see what a real tablet is supposed to do. I have the ellipsis tablet, Nexus 7 2012 model, 2 Nexus 7 2013 models, and old crappy Nobus and the old nobis is better than this new ellipses I'm afraid.

The ellipsis Wi-Fi is completely unreliable and doesn't even have the five gigahertz speed. It should give a rock-solid 20 Meg download rate as my Nexus 2012 does but the ellipsis jumps from 12 to 17 Meg download rate and normally it's closer to 12. Also the touch screen is garbage as sometimes I will point a full inch below what it actually clicks on. Its microphone must be terrible as the speech to text is also bad.

If I hadn't received the ellipsis free I would take it back. Verizon should be embarrassed that they are even giving these away for free.

It doesn't even have Android 5 which is available back in, I think, February? I gave my Nexus 2013 to my 17 year old son and I almost want to take it back and give him this one but he had no tablet and I can use my cell phone with a small screen if I have to. Even my cell phone will connect to my Wi-Fi 5 gigahertz and has 5.1 Android.

I'd rate these tablets along the lines with the kin phone Verizon sold for a while which were phones that were rejected Windows Phones and Verizon change the software and sold them for cheap, which they were.

And I am NOT a disgruntled Verizon customer as I have had Verizon service since Verizon first came to my area after Alltel and Verizon had to swap certain areas that the government required them to. I've almost always been satisfied with their service but sometimes their hardware leaves a lot to be desired.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

marronl wrote:

The contract paperwork I received says the restocking fee is $70 for a tablet. Other than that, my question has been answered. Thank you.

I would go by the receipt and contract paperwork you have from the original transaction. I think the Return Policy was updated recently based on the date at the bottom of it and it only lists one restocking amount when reviewing it tonight.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes