Verizon Ellipsis 8 can't update - Cannot connect to server
lcwater
Enthusiast - Level 1

Truth be told, I hated this device.  Never worked or very slow to work; however, I do use it 2x to 3x a year for travel purposes.  It will not allow me to update.  Tells me cannot connect to server.  Based on some other threads, I'm confused.  Does it have to be connected to Verizon Wireless or can it update via a secure network, such as my home modem?  I'm connected to my home secure network and have been able to use it in the past if connected to other secure networks.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Verizon Ellipsis 8 can't update - Cannot connect to server
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

The last update was 5/18/16:

Ellipsis 8 Update 

It won't update via wi-fi; it requires a network connection (in other words, an active SIM).

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

lcwater, we want to ensure you have the information you need. There hasn't been any new updates for the Ellipsis 8 tablet in quite some time. In order to perform an over-the-air update to the device for any update not received, the device does need to be active on our towers. Is your Ellipsis 8 device still active? What is the current software version?

EbonyR_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

The device does need to be activated on the Verizon Network to receive updates. BrittanyC_VZW

0 Likes
Aw1988

That's kinda cruddy. The tablets that we paid for won't update unless they are connected to the network? 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

The Verizon Ellispsis 8 would need to be updated on the Verizon network. Tablets manufactured by Verizon itself (most are not) do need to our specific updates.

0 Likes