What does the battery symbol with the question mark mean?
JBrockette

I can't find an answer in the 90 pages of the user guide. Please help...

0 Likes
Re: What does the battery symbol with the question mark mean?
Snn5
Legend

Means either the charger isn't correct or working, even though it is recognized, or the battery is experiencing charging difficulties.

0 Likes
carol_vzw
Verizon Employee

Hi JBrockette

If this icon is appearing with the charger that came with your Ellipsis 8, please try the following:

1. Pull charging cable into PC USB (remove wall charger plug).

2. Allow the device to charge (wait) at least 15 minutes.

3. Click power button for 1 second and see if a different battery charging icon shown on the screen (battery with a little red color & thunder icon on it).

4. You can then switch back to the wall charger to continue charging if you see the different (normal) charging icon described in step 3.

Please report back. Also, thank you for your feedback on the user guide.

tombnyg
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same problem, it actually was happening at Costco but I couldn't wait. Plugging it into my laptop usb instead of wall charger has now gone to blinking battery with lightning bolt so I believe I'll be up and running soon

0 Likes
tombnyg
Enthusiast - Level 1

Now charging. So it seems if battery is totally dead (this was straight out of box) the wall charger might not work. I'll report back if I hit anything else, but feeling good about being up and running soon

Lbhbp
Enthusiast - Level 1

I tried this and did not get any change in the charging icon after 40 min. I still get an question mark.

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Lbhbp
Enthusiast - Level 1

I changed the charging cord I was using and it is now charging. I hope this will take care of the issue

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Your troubleshooting steps are greatly appreciated, Lbhbp. Could you please confirm which device you are experiencing this issue with? Is there any physical or liquid damage with your device?

ChristianP_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Wonderful! Let us know if there is anything else we can help with? Thank you for being the best part of Verizon Wireless!

ChristianP_VZW

0 Likes