When is the next softwae update
REDEARL

Weis the next system update - its been nine (9) months

0 Likes
Re: When is the next softwae update
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Software updates are critical to maintaining your tablet's health so I can see why you are inquiring. Please shed more light on if your device is functioning properly. Here is a link to stay up to date on the latest software updates: http://spr.ly/6585Ds5VJ

Akane_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
REDEARL

Good day:

Here are a few of the items causing problems.

1. Application are reported as not optimized for this device.

2. Applications randomly stop responding.

3. Applications randomly crash in the background when I’m not using them.

4. Applications stop responding while using them for no reason

5. The screen stop responding to touch or responds extremely slowly.

6. I cannot get the screen to respond to commands.

7. The whole system stops responding then reboots (almost as bad as windows, with no CRASH dump)

8. The 5 Ghz radio occasionally stops listening, and says the net is offline ( this happens on multiple WIFI connection points) even mine here at home when I’m sitting 10 feet from the router. (my phone does not do this)

9. See below – the message I get when I try to follow the link you gave me to check for updates.

10. Randomly the error UI not responding comes up.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

The link works for me; are you accessing it on the forum?  You'll receive an error if you're trying to access it via an e-mail notice of the post.

Verizon Ellipsis 10 HD Software Update | Verizon Wireless

And if you attempted to post a screenshot, that also can't be done via e-mail notices; it has to be done when logged into the forum.

0 Likes
REDEARL

The link show that the current version is

Current Software Update Benefits

Software Version: XIA1_31F34

Android® Security Patch Level: 2018-04-01

My system say that it is @ IR7-20C63 and that it is current, when i ask for an upgrade chack.

what gives the 2 are not the same.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

The earlier link was for the Ellipsis 10 HD and you have the Ellipsis 10:

Verizon Ellipsis 10 Software Update | Verizon Wireless

0 Likes
REDEARL

Thank you for the NON HELP

You've still have not answered my question

WHEN is the NEW UPDATE going to be released.

Samsung / Google has released a number of updates and bug fixes since the last upgrade, but Verizon is still in the dark ages when it come to support.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

VzW does not announce updates until they are released and since the Ellipsis 10 is almost three years old, it may not receive any additional updates.  If an update is released, it will be posted at the link provided earlier.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

REDEARL,

We can certainly understand your eagerness in wanting to receive an update to your Ellipsis 10 tablet as the updates are full of great enhancements. In this case, the devices are designed to work with the software version that the manufacturer update the devices with. The Ellipsis 10 does not show any updates beyond Lollipop 5.1. Tiki bar1 was correct in that it appears this device will not receive any updates beyond the 5.1 software update at this time. Are you having any issues with your device and how it's operating?

Candice_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes