Where is the update?
Dalehappe
Enthusiast - Level 1

My 2 Verizon Ellipsis 7's have been downloading an update for several days now over my WiFi and they never finish. How do I get this update to finish and do I really want this update? I can stream movies and video so I seriously doubt it is my WiFi.

0 Likes
Re: Where is the update?
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

There are reports on the forum of some people having issues with the tablet once the update is installed.  As for downloading it, you'll need to have mobile data turned on, it won't download over wi-fi.

0 Likes
Dalehappe
Enthusiast - Level 1

I managed the Ellipsis upgrade, now my antivirus says it contains an unwanted virus in the device management app but it will not let me uninstall it. So what now? I would not recommend this device or upgrade to anyone. It looks from reading all these posts that this upgrade is a total disaster. I am not too sure of even continuing with Verizon.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Dalehappe. I am sorry to hear of the trouble you had getting your software to update. What antivirus program are you using? It is entirely possible that the antivirus software is not compatible with all elements of the new software from the update. I am going to recommend force stopping the antivirus app, clearing the cache and then restart it to see if the alert continues. Please let me know what happens. Thanks in advance!

BryanS_VZW
Follow us at Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes