Why didn't the Ellipsis 10 receive Marshmallow update?
stanwo
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have a Ellipsis 10 tablet for 11 months it runs Lollipop 5.1 but should have received its Marshmallow update awhile back and didn't.Does anybody know why Verizon hasn't sent me the firmware update?

Tags (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Didn't receive Marshmallow update.
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

The Ellipsis 10 hasn't received a Marshmallow update; it runs Android 5.1 (Lollipop).  The latest update was in March and included some camera features and bug fixes, i.e.,

Verizon Ellipsis 10 Software Update | Verizon Wireless

View solution in original post

tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

The Ellipsis 10 hasn't received a Marshmallow update; it runs Android 5.1 (Lollipop).  The latest update was in March and included some camera features and bug fixes, i.e.,

Verizon Ellipsis 10 Software Update | Verizon Wireless

Snn5
Legend

Software Version: IR7_20C57 was the last software update known.

jeneller_vzw
Verizon Employee

stanwo,

We understand the importance of getting the latest updates. Check here Advanced Devices Software Updates | Verizon Wireless for all the updates on all our devices.

JenelleR_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

bubbajohn007
Enthusiast - Level 1

In the same boat. I purchased the ellipsis 10 on black Friday this year because it got the update to marshmallow. I opened it, and seen it had a system update. I ran it hoping to get 6.0,  but no. I'm on lollipop 5.1, build number IR7_20C59.  I bought it for the marshmallow update, I'm regretting this purchase.

KETCHIKANCHARTERBOATS

After a lot of reading... I understand all the techs have a standard answer and the same one. We who purchased this tablet got messed up. What a piece of junk! Verizon sold us a device they say only had one or two updates before it was out of date and garbage. They even consider worth $0.00 on trade-in, as mine has been in an otter box since it came out of its shipping box it looks like brand new! And has never worked right. They called the option to transfer items to the micro-sd card a Bug. It was sold with many options it did not have when sold. The option to move stuff to the card was an update. not a bug trying to catch up with the sold specs. Very deceptive and to have the well you bought it attitude is just wrong! I paid $350.00 on contract and had talked till I was blue in the face to Verizon to make it work and make it right with no real answers. Verizon does not care about this tablet it was bad they know it and are not going to do anything but try to forget it and move on.

0 Likes