Why doesn't Bluetooth work??
GV2
Enthusiast - Level 2

I know how to turn on Bluetooth and how to connect devices but can't get into work with this device.  On won't stay on.

0 Likes
Re: Why doesn't Bluetooth work??
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi GV2, bluetooth is an awesome feature. Let me help with getting bluetooth to stay on with your device. What device are you trying to pair with your Ellipsis 8? How long is your is the visibility timeout set to? Try this and set it to never time out http://tiny.cc/l58p1x and keep us posted on the situation.

EdwinW_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

GV2
Enthusiast - Level 2

I cannot follow these directions as I can't get Bluetooth to turn on in order to select á device and I don't see any Menu. Can you email me at [removed] or call me on my cell at [removed], please?  Thanks. Greg

Personal information removed as required by the

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
GV2
Enthusiast - Level 2

Let be a little more  clear about the problem. I try to turn Bluetooth on and it turns right off. Cannot get past that

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate that clarification, GV2. It's certainly odd that Bluetooth is switching to off right away. Were you previously able to use Bluetooth with this device? What software version is currently installed? You can check by going to Settings>About Tablet>Software Version. Have you been able to test if being connected to WiFi or cellular data impacts your ability to enable Bluetooth?

AndreaS_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the update GV2! Of coursee we can provide you with some advanced troubleshooting. In order to do so we would need to continue in a private message environment. If you can reply to the private message from us with the necessary info then we can proceed. Also, it is highly recommended that you delete your post with your account info to ensure account security and to ensure that the terms & conditions of the forums are upheld. Thank you.

ArnettH_VZW

0 Likes
GV2
Enthusiast - Level 2

What private message.  I can't be the only userwho has this problem with th device.  Don't you hvae info on how to solve?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Hi GV2!

I apologize for the confusion and we're definitely here to help! Let's get to the bottom of this. When did the issue begin? Have you recently downloaded any new applications? Do you receive an error message after enabling your Bluetooth setting?

AyaniB_VZW

0 Likes
GV2
Enthusiast - Level 2

It started the first time we tried to connect with Bluetooth. It has never worked. All the apps we installed are new because it's a new device. No error. Here is what happens. You select Bluetooth settings. Message says to turn blue tooth on. I do and it says it's turning on but it just goes right to off. The first couple of times you try it it looks like it's looking for something and it's going to turn on. After a few times you can move it off of the Off switch. You click and click to turn it on but it won't.

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

GV2,

Thanks again for sharing those details. This is definitely quite odd, but we'll figure it out. Let's first try placing the device in Safe Mode and while in Safe Mode see if you are able to turn the bluetooth setting on and if it will remain on. See how to enable Safe Mode here http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-164484/. If not, we may want to back up the device and then reset it to factory defaults. Take a look here to see how to back up the device with Verizon Cloud http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-95022/. And if necessary, you can see how to reset the device here http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-121119/.
AdamG_VZW

0 Likes