Why won't my Ellipsis 8 update?
kahunamike
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have an Ellipsis 8 that I am unable to update. When I go to System updates and press "Check for new system update", I always get a "Cannot connect to server". I am running software version: QZ3_31F22 and I saw a note that there is an update to QZ3_31F40. Verizon Ellipsis 8 Software Update | Verizon Wireless

The wireless connection is fine and I do not have LTE service with this device. Is LTE service required to get a software update? Is there anyway to download the update separately and install via microSD card?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Verizon Ellipsis 8 can't update - Cannot connect to server
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

A network connection is required for the tablet to download the update; the update won't download over wi-fi.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

A network connection is required for the tablet to download the update; the update won't download over wi-fi.

0 Likes
kahunamike
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks! Popped in my verizon sim card and it update fine.

tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

You're welcome.

0 Likes
Joanne2433

Did you use the sim card from your phone?

0 Likes
dnagiles
Enthusiast - Level 2

That seems dishonest to me that Verizon will not allow an update unless you pay for a line charge!  Makes the Ellipsis 8 unusable.

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus
Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.
0 Likes