bad update
RustyW2
Enthusiast - Level 2

After installing an update my Verizon ellipsis 7 LTE removed all webpages that I had saved to the "desktop" and shortcut icons to certain installed programs. 

Now every time I turn my tablet on those same shortcuts are gone and I have to put them back on the "desktop" and I can no longer save a webpage as a shortcut on the "desktop" even though that optoon is still available.

This sucks!

Is there anyway to stop the program shortcuts from disappearing without undoing the update.

0 Likes
Re: bad update
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello RustyW2,

Let's get those applications placed back where you want them to be.  What happens when you add the applications to the home page? Are these original applications to the tablet? Keep us updated.

YareliM_VZW

Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport

0 Likes
RustyW2
Enthusiast - Level 2

They are apps I installed, except for google keep that installed with the update.   I put them back but they don't stay every time I turn the tablet on I have to put them back

0 Likes
RustyW2
Enthusiast - Level 2

This is annoying everything but a few shortcut icons disappear every time I turn off the tablet.  How do I fix this?

0 Likes
carol_vzw
Verizon Employee

Hi RustyW2

Thank you for your post. Would you please share the types of icons that are disappearing (specific apps, widgets, etc.)? We are seeing that as you reported selecting Add to Desktop does not add a website shortcut. As an alternative, you could try using the Bookmarks widget. Thank you in advance for any additional information you can provide. 

0 Likes