ellipsis 8 won't connect to MY wifi
kjsnyder83

My new ellipsis 8 will not connect to my wifi, but it worked with other wifi at the Verizon store. My ellipsis 7 will connect just fine to my wifi. It also wouldn't download anything from app store using data, so I thought it was a faulty tablet. I exchanged it because I only had it for less than a day, new one was able to connect to wifi in store like the old one, but was finally able to download updates and apps using data. Once I get home, still have the same issue with wifi, stuck in "obtaining IP address"

I can get it to connect to my router using static IP, but then it will never connect to the internet.

I did every step with online chat, boot to safe mode, factory reset. everything. Guessing it just doesn't like my Zoom modem or Apple router. I guess thats why these paper weights are free.

0 Likes
Re: ellipsis 8 won't connect to MY wifi
GERBAH33

Same thing here. It's absolute trash

0 Likes
IrritatedAMD
Enthusiast - Level 2

Has anyone gotten an answer that works??? My "free" tablet (I still haven't received the promo rebate from October), is eating up my data instead of connecting to any WiFi, including my home. I have been disappointed with the quality of both the product and service of it. Providing no useful technical support does not improve my opinion.

0 Likes
FLORIDAKEYSMIKE
Enthusiast - Level 2

The only answer that you will get straight from them is if you ask to return it...then you'll get a direct answer...NO! You will be charged more for cancelling that the tablet costs.  Thanks for pawning this 20 year old technology off on your unsuspecting customers, Verizon.

0 Likes