Re: Another Verizon/UPS Lost Trade In
kaleneengel
Enthusiast - Level 3
@Leica wrote:
Was this resolved? I have had the same issue and my tickets were rejected without any notification or explanation 
My issue was resolved after I files a complaint with the FCC
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Leica, we always want any issue to be resolved for our customers. We have sent you a Private Message, we want to help take a look at your tickets to see what happened.

-Steven

0 Likes
Erica5000
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've been dealing with the same issue for over a year! On 12/28/21, we ordered an iPhone 13 mini for our daughter Alex because we were offered $800 trade-in credit for her iPhone 7 Plus. This would cover the entire cost of the new phone. She received the new phone in January (it was back ordered) and used the Verizon prepaid package to promptly ship her old phone via UPS. In February, Verizon withdrew the $800 promotion and began billing us for the new phone, claiming they hadn't received the old phone. 

Verizon told Alex to file a claim with UPS but  UPS told her Verizon needed to file a claim because Verizon was considered the sender since they provided the prepaid shipping label. Numerous exasperating phone calls with both Verizon and UPS followed. Eventually, in March 2022, a sympathetic UPS rep allowed Alex to initiate a claim, and their subsequent investigation documented that she had indeed shipped it, but UPS was unable to locate it much beyond that and declared it lost. They couldn't reimburse her for the promotion value because Verizon was still considered the shipper so Verizon would have to file a claim. She provided the UPS document with claim number, loss declaration, etc. to Verizon who said they would get back to her, but they never did. 

In May 2022 (I think?) my husband and I called Verizon and a very pleasant and apologetic woman assured us that she would take care of everything. We'd be reimbursed for the earlier billing and wouldn't be charged for the phone going forward. It might take a couple of billing cycles, etc. 

But, we continued to be billed for the phone! On 10/31/22 my husband called Verizon and after a long phone call, a rep told us his supervisor had authorized us to be credited the $800 but (once again) it might take a few billing cycles. Sadly, once again, nothing happened and we continued to be billed. 

Yesterday, my husband and I took the bus downtown to a corporate Verizon store to see if they could help. We had a wonderful and very determined rep who spent over THREE HOURS making calls on our behalf to the Loyalty department and others, but getting nowhere. Verizon didn't seem to have a record of our 5/22 phone call  at all, and they said the 10/31/22  supervisor didn't authorize $800, only $500 something, but that that was more than we were entitled to. A supervisor said the best we could have was the non-promo trade-in value of the phone - about $100.  After another hour on the phone and being on hold while he conferred with more supervisors, he said they could very "generously" offer us $400. 

When asked why not the full $800, he said because there is no proof that the package Alex documented she mailed them contained the phone she promised them.

I am beyond livid! Why would anyone jeopardize an $800 offer by not sending in their phone? And how dare he insult  the integrity of our daughter, a young woman who donated a kidney to acquaintance. We've been loyal Verizon customer for over 20 years. We didn't accept the $400 offer and are pondering what to do next. It seems many of us on this forum have the same issue. Has anyone resolved it successfully? 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Erica5000,

I'm terribly sorry you've had such issues getting a resolution for that phone. That should never be the case and more than a year is far too long to try to get a solution. I'd like to look into this fully and see what we can find and find a solution for you. So we can do so please send us a private message.

-Andrew

0 Likes
nopety

I am having a very similar situation to this where UPS is advising the device was delivered, the same day as another device, but Verizon is saying they haven't received it. Can I get a rep to PM so that I can start trying to get this resolved via email instead of sitting on hold for hours?

-Mike

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

nopety, please send us a Private Note, so we can assist you here with your missing device. 

*Bee

0 Likes
nolajoins
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am appalled to see that so many customers have already dealt with this issue that I have been dealing with for 10 months now .   

I traded in my phone last July before going on vacation.  I was given the UPS box and told to drop it  at a UPS when I had transferred everything over.  This was presented to me as if it were the only option so two days after the purchase I did exactly that.  

In early September I got notified that Verizon had not received my trade in.  I tracked it to make sure it had been received and called Verizon to see what happened on September 8th.  The representative placed me on hold while he tracked the UPS number.  When he came back he told me that it had indeed arrived at the processing center and that I should disregard the letter because the processing center was just badly backed up. 

I called back a few more times before the year end and was told to be patient.  

I grew restless early this year and resumed calling.  I was now told that they could not help me because the tracking number wasn't in UPS system after 120 days.  I have verified with a couple of representatives and the local store where I bought the new phone that the Sept 8 2022 notes are in the system stating I was told to disregard because the processing center had the phone.  How could it still be considered a UPS issue after a representative has confirmed that it did arrive at the processing facility in Fort Worth.

And yet whenever I call back and try to escalate the situation, I am told that I am talking to a different kind of agent who can handle the situation with no problem.  I was told by one that a full investigation would be opened on my behalf.  I have received no communication back at any point in time, just a bunch of empty assurances to get me off the phone.   What I have gotten from Verizon is 10 months paying way too much because there was no trade credit and countless hours of getting run around in circles.  

0 Likes
rgom35

if you don't mind, what was the solution? Someone at UPS stole my trade-in phones and Verizon's solution after months and multiple calls is to have me call every 3 months for the next 3 years to get my account credited. Not happy with that at all.

0 Likes
jennk1
Contributor - Level 1

The final solution was submitting a claim to the FCC.  It's super easy and will get you in touch with someone from the executive office at Verizon who actually will LISTEN and has the intellectual ability to UNDERSTAND the issue and has the AUTHORITY to fix it.   Trust me, don't waste another second with the customer service agents.    I gave so many chances for them to make it right, I didn't feel bad at all contacting the FCC.   In fact, contacting the FCC may help fellow and future Verizon customers avoid a similar fate of endless aggravation.   If the FCC recieves enough complaints, they can document a pattern and force Verizon to clean up their act or face serious consequences.   

Here is the link to the complaint center at FCC.  It's very quick and simple and will get results:

FCC Complaints

Good luck!