BEWARE OF SPECIAL OFFER ON ELLIPSIS7!!
racollin

BEWARE OF SPECIAL OFFER ON ELLIPSIS 7!!!

My wife saw the current "free" offer on the Ellipsis 7 and went to Verizon to pick up one for me as a surprise.  And BOY did we get a surprise!!  The ads and the agent she spoke with told her that the device was "free" and all we needed to do to obtain one was to sign up for an additional phone line at $10 per month.

By the time she was through, not only had she signed up for the $10 per month additional line charge, but they ALSO charged her a $35.00 "connect fee", several additional $'s in various taxes, access and other fees, AND told her that she had to make a $125 "security deposit" (refundable after a year).  The total she had to pay to walk out of the store with the "free" device was around $180.00!!!  You can buy the device for around $200 ... and not be locked into a two year contract!

Needless to say, when I got home and saw how they'd "suckered" her, we returned the unit the next day.  THEN they wanted to charge us a $75 "re-stocking" charge!!!  The unit was still in it's box.  We had a rather animated discussion and they eventually agreed to refund the $180 from the day before, and reduce the re-stocking fee to just $35.00.

So now, we're still out the $35 but I've learned to never trust them again.  From now on, the ONLY thing we'll ever be buying there will be our phones.

Service Grade = "F".

0 Likes