Is the left-hand Home screen reserved for TV and movies?
xQQQQme

As familiar as I thought I was with Android (via my phones) I thought I would've figure out by now how to get this screen back for other uses. But so far no luck.  Is 1//3 of my available Home screen space really reserved for TV and Movies (and, at that, apparently only the ones downloaded from Google Play)?

Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Is the left-hand Home screen reserved for TV and movies?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Sounds like a widget is on that screen. You should be able to long press it and then drag it to the trash.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Sounds like a widget is on that screen. You should be able to long press it and then drag it to the trash.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
xQQQQme

Ann154,

Bingo! You were absolutely right! And now that widget is gone.

Unfortunately, so is the screen it was occupying. Now,  instead of three screens I have but two - - the original center screen and the one that had previously been the right-hand screen.

Which prompts the question of how and where pages are added or deleted from the home screens.

--

Sent from myMail app for Android

Sunday, 28 December 2014, 09:05AM -07:00 from Ann154 <forums@verizonwireless.com>:

A message from the  Verizon Wireless Community

Is the left-hand Home screen reserved for TV and movies? created by  Ann154 in  Verizon Ellipsis 8 -  View the full discussion

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Home screen panels are added/removed as you add/remove apps/widgets.  As long as there is at least one app/widget on a panel, the panel remains.  Once you remove that app/widget, as you encountered, or move it to a different panel, the panel is removed.  To add panels, add or move apps/widgets by long-pressing the app/widget and sliding it to the edge of the screen ... a new panel should appear.  There are five panels total available.

0 Likes
xQQQQme

Thanks so much for your reply and thorough explanation. Every Android *phone* I've had has started with a minimum number of pages (some could be expanded from 5 to 7) and those pages were there whether you had icons on them or they were completely empty.  So to have one disappear on me like that kinda threw me!

0 Likes
xQQQQme

Okay, I spoke too soon.  Not in thanking you...but in not actually trying what you suggested before replying.  When I drag an app icon to the left edge of the screen (which is where I want to restore or add a new panel), nothing happens.  I can almost drag that icon out of view completely and still no page is added.

When I long-press in a vacant are of the Home screen to get the screens to zoom back and show the layout, I can't seem to get another page added that way either.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Panels are added to the right.  And the far left-hand screen panel is the one that the Home screen always goes to.

0 Likes
xQQQQme

That is...unless you tap on the Home icon in the layout area to define (pr re-define) one of the other screens as "Home"....right? 

Add screens to the right only, hmm?  Who knew?  Thanks, again, for the help.

0 Likes