My Ellipsis 7 won't play Live games on NFL Mobile App
bleasr
Enthusiast - Level 2

but my HTC DNA phone does... why? I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: My Ellipsis 7 won't play Live games on NFL Mobile App
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I am terribly sorry for the confusion, mmartin682004! NFL RedZone is only available on smartphones at this time.

Thanks,
MichelleH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

What kind of error do you get?

Phones and Jetpacks are very different devices but they run on the same VZW network.  If its allowed on one device then it should be allowed on the other.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

bleasr,

Let's get you watching those live games. If you have downloaded the NFL Mobile App on your tablet. You then click NFL Network icon on the Home screen after installation. You will then have to enter in your appropriate cable provider information.

RobinD_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
bleasr
Enthusiast - Level 2

So, when I entered the App for the first time, it asked me to select a favorite team and asked about notifications. However, unlike the first time I entered the app on my phone, it did not tell me that I would be getting access to live games as a member of the Verizon Wireless network. That was when I tried the reinstall, but I got the same messages at the beginning.

When I open the app, I get a bunch of news stuff on my feed. At the top I have a triple horizontal bar next to "NFL Mobile from Verizon" and then on the right hand side I have a small "play" icon with a red backdrop for video stuff.

Clicking on the icon to the left, which is what I assume you mean by the "NFL Network" icon, I get no option to put in a provider. I see:

Home, Featured Videos, NFL Now, Scores & Schedules, News, Teams

Below those options I see: NFL Network Schedule, Patriots Shop (my team), Patriots Tickets, Settings, Customer Support. Below that I get 3 icons, NFL Now, NFL Fantasy, and NFL Game Rewind.

On a hunch, I checked out Settings:

The options in there are:

Preferred Teams Set (checked)

Sign-In to NFL.com (unchecked)

Share with One Click (unchecked)

Set Alerts (unchecked)

Listen Now with NFL Audio Pass (unchecked)

There's also a help with "Closed Captioning" on the list.

Below that is the "App Info" where I get:

NFL 2014

NFL Enterprises LLC

Version 11.1.4

Version Code: 1110113

User Ref ID: [not shared]

Network Carrier: verizon wireless

So it sees that my carrier is Verizon, but for some reason on the tablet that isn't good enough for Live games?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I can clarify, bleasr. Unlike smartphones, tablets require a subscription to a cable provider to gain access to live games. If you have cable with a supported provider, you can sign in and watch the game live. For a list of supported providers, please visit nflonline.nfl.com and check the dropdown menu.

Thanks,
MichelleH_VZW

0 Likes
mmartin682004

I was told at the Verizon store that if I was subscribed to the NFL Red zone on my phone that would carry over to this tablet. Is that not true?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I am terribly sorry for the confusion, mmartin682004! NFL RedZone is only available on smartphones at this time.

Thanks,
MichelleH_VZW

0 Likes
theKraken300

what about NFL Mobile?

0 Likes
theKraken300

NFL Mobile is free to Verizon 4GLTE subscribers... i was told at a Verizon Store that i could watch NFL mobile with this tablet no other subscription needed period. i would not have added this to my account if i could not.......

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Great question TheKracken300! You can use the app however you may not be able to watch live games.

JoeL_VZW

0 Likes